desserts

hockeydad2013
on 11/11/13 3:33 am - Canada

I have never really been a dessert guy, but lately been craving some ice cream of freezies etc. Most stores I go to have no sugar free freezies. Are there any ice cream or frozen treats that are ok, but aren't going to knock the pounds on.

PS I am in ottawa

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/13 3:58 am

You could freeze some yogurt then throw it in a blender to soften a bit or don't let it freeze completely.  There are lots of good yogurts out there.  I have only seen the no sugar added freezies during the summer months and sometimes see the no sugar added popsicles at Metro.  They do make no sugar added ice cream but it's not really WLS friendly. I sometimes put a no sugar added chocolate pudding in the freezer and take it out before it gets real hard and it taste really good.

Nerak
on 11/11/13 4:13 am - Canada

Mix some plain yogourt with canned alphonso mango pulp and freeze (in popsicle moulds) - yummm. 

Nerak

Surgery date is Oct. 17th, 2013 in Ottawa. I was referred to the clinic in September 2012. The person performing my surgery is Dr Amy Neville. 

Hennagirliegirl
on 11/11/13 4:15 am - Canada

Mix a portion of whatever yogurt you use, some frozen berries or mango, ice cubes.....mix in  magic bullte, you'll be in heaven....if not sweet enough for you a package of sweetener mixed in

hockeydad2013
on 11/11/13 4:30 am - Canada

thanks

Mz_B
on 11/11/13 5:19 am - Brampton, Canada

Chapmans has a whole line of "no sugar added" items. I buy the ice cream and the popsicles. Mind you there's a little too many carbs in them for my liking so I only have it once in a while. Walmart sells some but there's more of a selection at Sobeys.

SURGERY: Oct 7, 2013 @ TWH - Dr. Penner  ~ HW 389.4  SW 367.2   CW 340.8  

LittleMiss2013
on 11/11/13 5:24 am - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

2 bananas........freeze overnight or for a few hours at least. Put in food processor/blender and blend until smooth.Tastes just like ice cream =) Top with crushed nuts, drizzle some sugar free syrup......delish. Makes 2-4 servings. Can be put in freezer after blended but best to eat it within 24 hours =)

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

burg_vs
on 11/11/13 8:21 am

There is a line called skinny cow.  They have sugar free fudgesicles that are very good.

time2changeme
on 11/11/13 12:55 pm

You could make a yogurt parfait, using layers of greek yogurt, any kind of fruit you like and granola.  Once in awhile l buy the Blue Menu frozen greek yogurt smoothies or make my own. Also there is a recipe for individual cheese cakes and some protein balls are not frozen but a nice sweet treat too!  

Laurie C.
on 11/11/13 7:45 pm - Collingwood, ON, Canada

My husband and I have a bowl of sugar free jello every night with cool whip.  Tastes and looks really dessertish and we don't feel deprived at all.  Cheap and tasty.

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

Most Active
Recent Topics