1week post op

Hennagirliegirl
on 11/11/13 3:17 am - Canada

One week today, hurrah! One more week of full flds and on to bigger adventures. My energy level,is increasing by the day. I'll go back to work next week as long as all continues like it has been.

After 3 days of MOM and colace I've finally got my bowels in gear. I'm going to stay on colace once a day though and add fibre to water to keep things moving along.

No BP medications required - how awesome is that. My knee is a tad sore from not being able to be on celebrex anymore but I'm sure with weight loss that will also improve.

I cannot wait to kove from liquid supplements and chewies to swallow pills........everything tastes sooooo sweet. Of course I didn't listen to the seasoned people pre op and stocked up.......so, don't do what I did, your tastebuds change, it's true!!!!! Haha

I'm not a jump on the scale person but decided I will weigh in once a week

I am down 16.6 pounds - I'm thrilled to bits!

Want to get a fitbit but a good friend told me to wait ( my 50th birthday is coming up) so, I shall wait.

Lastly my partner Heather and I signed up for the walking track and 3 months of walk in aqua fitness, I shall check with Dr Hagan next week re entering a public pool, which I'm sure he will give the ok for.

That's my one week post op synopsys

Patm
on 11/11/13 3:30 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Sounds like you are doing great. I am having trouble getting myself back into water for exercise. Even in the so called heated ones I am cold!

bikinibound2014
on 11/11/13 3:37 am

Glad you are making such good progress!

Just so I can learn... what kinds of things do you wish you had but didn't stock up on?

HW 277.0 CW 273.0 Asked for Referral February 2013; Orientation @ Guelph May 16th, 2013; First Appointments July 24th; Nutrition Class August 7th; Second Appointments (& cleared) August 29th; Post Op Class December 9th; meet surgeon January 9th; PATTS Jan 14; Opti starts January 21; Surgery February 11th!

Hennagirliegirl
on 11/11/13 4:37 am - Canada

well, there are lots of things you could never anticipate, for example the internist added fer in sol and vit C to my supplement regimen.

Probably the only thing I would have bought more of was an extra case of premier shakes from Costco, I also bought a tub of vanilla powder from costco, which thank goodness I didn't open .... My taste buds are finding things too sweet, so I shall return it later this week.

If your are going to be a Humber patient you will come home on full fld stage for 2 weeks, so you could easily search out your yogurt choices now ( would have saved several trips for Heather) low fat cottage cheese, and a few cans of puree soup ( not a lot though, a can goes a longggg way,,,,,I just finished my firsht can, it was made by baxter I think and it was squash...very yummy.

Heather also bought me ff puddinggs but I find them too sweet, I am eating a bit of applesauce also.

For me the big waste was buying two huge bottles of calcium/vit D, because as soon as I can take a pill I'm done with the liquid. As well, I bought a 3 month supply of chewie centrum multivites,,,,too sweet, I am using them because I need chewies at this point, but again when I am able to swallow a pill, I'm done with them.

Even the b12 s/l are sweet....at least I only bought one bottle and only have tomtake one every five days.

Hope this info helps

Terri

hmtmomof4
on 11/11/13 5:20 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/13

Congrats...awesome job!!!

I definitely hear you on the taste bud changes.  I bought a big supply of liquid calcium with Vit D (Blueberry flavored one from Shoppers) and it is disgustingly sweet. Makes me shiver!!! lol  I am NOT a pill swallower though so even when it's OK to move to pills, I will still likely stay with chewies/liquids. yuck!....but a small price to pay for success!!! lol

You are doing great!!!!

Referral Sent: Jan. 2013, Orientation: Mar. 2013, Social Worker: Jun. 2013 Nurse: Jul. 2013, Nutrition Class: Aug. 2013, Dietician: Aug. 2013, Psych: Aug 2013  Surgeon: Oct. 2013, PATTS: Nov. 2013 SURGERY: Nov. 7th 2013!!!

G_mama_d
on 11/11/13 7:18 am - North Bay, Canada
I am considering the liquid calcium from Costco, has anyone tried it? It comes with two fairly big bottles, not sure what constitutes a serving? I have not been able to find s/f calcium with vit D chews in north bay, going to check Costco in sudbury. All tips welcome. Thx

RNY - Dec 18/2013

HW- 333 lbs. Approved for Surgery- 285.4 SW- 272.  GW-160-180

hibbyangel
on 11/11/13 8:29 am - Canada
RNY on 07/17/13

I stocked up on the liquid from costco..it is orange cram flavoured with a back lash of chalky yuck lol. I was able to get it down though... when I remembered..very inconvenient!  I had to switch to a pill form so I could take it on the go with me. 

Hennagirliegirl
on 11/11/13 8:11 am - Canada

yes, I bought the two bottles from costco, you are welcome to one if you want to pick it up - I live in Milton

G_mama_d
on 11/11/13 8:41 am - North Bay, Canada

Thanks for the heads up, maybe i will just buy pills and cut them up. But thanks for the offer.

RNY - Dec 18/2013

HW- 333 lbs. Approved for Surgery- 285.4 SW- 272.  GW-160-180

gwynnkitty
on 11/11/13 11:58 am - North York, Canada

Wait a second, wait a second. Is that 16.6lbs since surgery?? Like, 1 week's worth of loss?

*faints*

I'm THRILLED for you! :)

Referral to Surgeon: February 12, 2013 Appointment with Surgeon: April 24, 2013 Endoscopy: April 30, 2013 Referral sent to Bariatric Registry: May 2, 2013 Orientation Appointment: May 27, 2013 Dr Klein Appointment: June 6, 2013 Second Upper GI Series: June 11 Dr Glazer: August 12, 2013 RN/RD/SW: August 29. 2013 Follow-up With Dr Klein: September 23, 2013 Start Opti: October 23, 2013 Surgery Date: November 14, 2013 

Most Active
Recent Topics