What are you eating/doing today (Tuesday)

birdiegirl
on 11/11/13 7:15 pm

RNY  4 Years 7 Months Post Op

Morning

First night I didn't take a sleeping aid of some description....and of course I was awake for several hours in the night....thank goodness I decided to set an alarm last night which I rarely do....I have an early morning meeting

Broke down and had my beloved habanero cheese and triscuits last night.....it was the last of the cheese.....so hopefully I can soon break this snack habit.....I love them too much

STEPS - 6890 - not bad for working at my desk all day

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

S - small Oh Yeah bar

L - 3 oz roasted turkey

cranberries made with splenda

D - 3 oz turkey

TB of cranberries

1 cup of mashed turnips

1/4 cup of turkey gravy

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 859,  Carbs - 34 grams,  Fat - grams,  Protein - 110 grams

All water.....plus several more decaf tea....and all vits

Have a great one   mail

KerryF.
on 11/11/13 7:24 pm, edited 11/11/13 8:02 pm - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

RNY 28 Days Post op   4 Weeks today!! On the Agenda for today  finish the Christmas Decorations - Doctors appointment - Treadmill

Breakfast: ¼ cup Liquid Egg and 30 grams of Old Cheddar made into an Omelette & Cup Black Tea

Lunch: Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge & 50 grams Extra Lean Kielbasa Sausage (The grams and calories and other nutritional values I got directly from the packaging and created the product in my Fitbit for the calculations)

Dinner: 50 grams Kerry’s Meatloaf & 4 Green Beans   (I made this with added scoop of protein powder and some parmesan cheese, and then I created the product in my Fitbit for the calculations I googled several different meatloaf recipes for protein and averaged with 12 grams)

Nighttime Snack: Premier Protein Shake

4 - 6 Cups Water

All Vitamins and Supplements

Daily Totals according to Fitbit:  

Steps yesterday 10,480 Calories burned 2837

Calories 546 - Fat 23.4.7 grams - Fiber 4 grams - Carbs 15.5 grams - Protein 69 grams

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/13 8:10 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I officially give up on sleep, with or without help I'm still awake so screw it!!!!!  I've noticed the last few days that I am really hungry after dinner, which is something new for me and it bugs the living daylights out of me.  Yesterday I tried something new with when I ate so am going to do the same today to see if it helps.  I find I am not hungry when I wake up and I never really want to eat til afternoon so I am going to just do a protein shake for breakfast, eat lunch at 1, then have a snack at 4 then dinner at 7 and hopefully that does the trick again. I left room in my menu in case the hungrie**** hard so I can have a bit more chicken or even a greek yogurt or an ounce of cheese.

B - protein shake

L - minestrone soup with 3 oz roast beef added, 1/4 cup Habanero cheese on top( look away Barb)

S - 2 scrambled eggs

D - baked chicken thigh, 1/2 cup quinoa salad

887 calories 36 carbs 42 fat 90 protein

birdiegirl
on 11/12/13 1:29 am

I blame you for my habanero fixation.......

Good plan re eating later....though I just read in the Globe this morning that we are better to eat high caloric in the morning and reduce our intake thru the day....but you have to do what works for you.....your plan makes sense to me....I can also say no to most things in the morning....and enjoy my nice cold protein shake....I need to save calories for my night snack

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/13 1:33 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I know it's my fault, I never should have shared how good it was with you.  LOL

I've read that as well that our biggest meals should be early on and a light dinner but I've never been one to be hungry until afternoon even long before WLS.  This wanting to eat after dinner is all new to me. I was like that pre-op and on Optifast it almost killed me but then I started doing the herbal tea all night and for the last 8 years, it's never bothered me to eat at night but it's reared its ugly head this past week so have to find a way to stop it before it consumes me. I really don't want to snack after dinner as for me that is a trigger to graze but will allow myself a bit of room with calories just in case I really need it.  It doesn't even feel like head hunger, my stomach is growling and I drink a ****load of water and herbal tea to shut it up and it just keeps doing it.  Maybe things are changing after all this time but I don't like it one bit.

Patm
on 11/11/13 8:18 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. Trying a new physio today. I have not always had the best results but I really just need some good exercises to strengthen my knees. Something in one of then keeps popping out causing it to lock. I have to use the other leg to straiten it and I can feel something pop back. So hopefully this will help.

b greek yogurt, granola, raspberries

s laughing cow wedge and baby bel with melba toast

l. chili, apple

s protein shake with skim milk

d pork tenderloin, green beans, salad

s not sure. Going to the East Toronto Coffee tonight so might have something when I come home

cal 1051 carb 96.8, prot 107.8

kristaeb
on 11/11/13 9:05 pm

Good morning.

B- greek yogurt.

S- roasted chick peas.

L- roast chicken and veggies.

S- Laughing cow triangle and 3 melba rounds.

D- 2- turkey meat roll ups with LF cheese and pickle slice.

S- some protein shake, and maybe some chick peas.

Have a good day..Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Onward and
Downward

on 11/11/13 9:11 pm, edited 11/11/13 9:19 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Morning everyone!  I can really relate to the evening munchies.  I gave in yesterday - at least I didn't have anything too awful, but I really need to figure out how to curb that.  The problem with not having tracked what I was actually eating for the last couple of months is that I have no idea what I need to eat and do physically now in order to lose weight.  My eating habits have changed and I have been both maintaining and losing a bit. But I don't know how I've been doing it.  So my menu yesterday was completely inadequate to what I actually needed, because back when I was planning menus, I was eating less than what I'm eating now.  So then I supplemented what I planned yesterday with other stuff, but it was too much. 

I think what I might do is just eat what I eat, and then track it throughout the day without planning it ahead - no matter what I eat, no matter what little snacks I have.  And then track my weight loss day by day as well to see what is working and what isn't.  I'll do what I was doing over the past couple of months - ensuring that I have protein with every meal and snack, stopping when I'm full, etc. - and then I can see how many calories I actually need in order to be comfortable and also maintain or lose, and what proportion works when it comes to balancing protein, fat and carbs.

I have my 1 year follow up appointments at TWH this afternoon - I'm working from home this morning beforehand.  They called me a month ago to let me know that today's appointments were cancelled and they asked me to call back and reschedule them.  I never got around to doing it due to being so busy at work and home.  Then I got a call yesterday from them letting me know my appointments are going ahead as scheduled today.  I said, "I thought they were cancelled - I didn't get my bloodwork done."  They said that it was fine and I could just go and do my bloodwork today.  So I guess that's what I'm doing this afternoon!  Maybe I'll ask about CBT, and I also need to have a good conversation with the dietitian about how I should be eating now at a year out since I've just been flying by the seat of my pants and not tracking for too long.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

DeidreB
on 11/11/13 11:30 pm

Congratulations on your 1 year surgiversary Michelle!

Good for you Barb to take care of yourself and try a new physio.  I need to get a physio as my left knee keeps swelling after I run and I'm not stopping running!

Exercise: Week 3 day 2 of couch to 5 k; 70 min cycling commute

Eats

B: 1/2 c greek yogurt, blueberries, 1/4 c bran buds, vanilla, splenda

L: Roasted vegetable soup w Tbsp protein powder

S: 3 oz steak and clementine (yes in November, really good too, Loblaws!)

D: chicken skewer and tzatziki

S: SF/FF chocolate pudding

Totals: 934 Calories, 95 Protein, 88 Carbs, 27 Fat

Onward and
Downward

on 11/12/13 12:34 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Thanks, Deirdre!  And look at you, in Onederland already. :)

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Most Active
Recent Topics