popcorn

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/13 4:28 am

anyone here eating popcorn?  how does it sit on you?  how early did you start eating popcorn?

Chelsea1
on 11/13/13 4:39 am - Canada
Nope I don't and probably never will.

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/13 4:51 am

lol -- y respond w/ no explanation? lol.

Chelsea1
on 11/13/13 11:08 am - Canada
Just as Birdie said. I know it's monotonous but this is an empty carb I'm not willing to eat. I'm 3 mths out and am keeping my carbs only at a level so my brain can function. I workout a lot so my body craves protein and I have little room after protein. I just maximize on that for muscle repair. It's just a personal choice and I'm also afraid for the digestive stuff.
(deactivated member)
on 11/13/13 8:34 pm

Awesome - thanks so much for this.  I am really getting it.

Patm
on 11/13/13 4:52 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I have had it a couple of times but not until after I reached goal. It is all carb so wasn't interested during my losing faze.

birdiegirl
on 11/13/13 4:58 am

Popcorm can be problematic for your new digestive system.....plus it is high carb at this point in your program

I occasionally eat popcorn - a cup or so at most....and I didn't until I was at goal

If you can - try and stick to the basics....you should be highly motivated early out....this will wane as time progresses - so optimize your first 6 - 9 months of losing.....

You can NEVER get back a day of the early post wls period....it is almost magical - I would make the most of this time while you have it....

The basics are protein - a little veg - and an even smaller amount of fruit.....two bites protein for every bite of veg....even this far out I eat 2/3 of my protein serving before even venturing into other territories - like veg or starch

I believe I am giving you very good advice....but your journey is your own....I would just hate to see you have regrets that can never be repaired

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/13 6:12 am

:). Birdie -  thank you so much for your encouragement.  I can really feel the sincerity and drive in your post.  You have no idea how much that means to me.

My life right now has been cottage cheese, warm soy milk, protein shakes, and creme of mushroom soup with minced chicken pieces. In addition to my vits, this is ALL I am eating. I'm not looking to be judged here, to rhose that are tempted **** off.  I'm being real.  I'm very motivated.  I'm also very real.  As a mother cooking pasta, homemade pizza, fish and chips, and curry and rice and paratha, only eating the above foods are starting to make my teeth clinch in frustration.  My question should not be equated to lack of motivation.  It is merely a question.

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/13 6:54 am
(deactivated member)
on 11/13/13 7:11 am

Lol - wtf?

Most Active
Recent Topics