Got put on hold.

(deactivated member)
on 11/14/13 4:25 am - Kitchener, Canada

I dont know if i am happy or sad. I asked Guelph to put my file on hold until I can get some other medical issues figured out. When they called and said they would do it, I felt a relief. It was strange. I have wanted this surgery for so long, to get my life back on track but now that I am on hold until at least April, I feel good. I feel like the pressure has been lifted off my shoulders. Maybe I am just not ready for it. I dont know. 

Patm
on 11/14/13 4:28 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Only you know if you are ready. But if you have medical issues then you have probably done a wise thing. I hope it all works out for you. When I had my surgery I knew I was ready and have been extremely happy with my decision

CBarnes11
on 11/14/13 4:31 am - Port Hope, Canada
RNY on 12/19/13

I put my file on hold about two years ago because I wasn't ready,    It was the best decision.  Only you know when you are ready to deal with all of this.  It is not easy and you have to be fully committed or failure is a real possibility.  You don't want to have to go through all of this if you aren't ready to really commit.

Northernlightsmom
on 11/14/13 4:49 am - Canada

Only you know if it is the right decision and since you are feeling relief....then you made the best decision for you.  Best wishes on getting things sorted and best wishes with everything.

RNY Surgery February 10th, 2014

(deactivated member)
on 11/14/13 5:52 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

Sounds like you have made the right decision for now. Good Luck with your health issues.

kayakgirl
on 11/14/13 8:30 am - Canada

Good for you for knowing what you needed to do!

Initial referral: March 21, 2013; Orientation: April 26, 2013 (OWMC); Nurse Practitioner: July 10, 2013; Nut/Beh: July 15, 2013; Pre-op Class: September 18, 2013; Internist: September 18, 2013; Surgeon: October 1, 2013; Surgery: November 25, 2013 (Dr. Yelle)

Pamela.S.
on 11/14/13 11:12 am - Canada

I have been thinking about this surgery for at least 14 years.  I have lost and regained several times and only now was I ready to even broach the subject with my doctor.  My mother always said that if "it's meant to be, it will be".  Bravo to you for listening to your instinct.  This is a major permanent change to life and while the weight loss part is fantastic, there are other things that go with it that are scary.

Referral Sept/13, changed centres to HRRH - Orientation Mar 24/14.  Feb 5, 2015 - SURGERY!!!! HW 286.4 SW 264

Most Active
Recent Topics