can you ask for a specific surgeon ?

(deactivated member)
on 11/18/13 10:52 am

I was referred to Humber River ? Hear that Dr. Starr is very good. Any way to put in a request ?

Also, my doctor told me that I should be calling them myself to speed up the process, since referrals can be lost or forgotten, and time will be wasted. Is that true ?

Hennagirliegirl
on 11/18/13 12:45 pm - Canada

It is true that calling the clinic at Humber sometimes gets you appointments booked. Not sure about the request after referral. I requested Dr. hagan but that was on my referral that was sent to the registry. Perhaps others are aware of this.

Best of luck

Terri

Test

starfish52
on 11/18/13 8:32 pm - Canada

I had dr.starr loved him ...my surgery was sept 16th

sublimechick
on 11/18/13 8:57 pm - Canada

I requested Dr Hagan as all my friends had him....but I got Dr Huynh and I couldnt be happier!!! He is such a nice Dr....speaks to me like im a real human and not a "case" like I have been before some other surgeons.

If you get Dr Huynh is he awesome!!!!!!

Referral sent Sept 2012 -Info Session -January 7 2013.  Surgeon (Dr. Huynh-HRRH) February 5 2013. Dr. Glazer, Nurse, SW and NUT -> March 25 2013, May 1st, Surgeon, Patts-June 6. SURGERY JUNE 26 2013!! 100 lbs gone in 4 months!

Katiebear291
on 11/18/13 9:18 pm - Canada
RNY on 12/10/13

What they said in orientation at Humber is that you can let them know who you prefer and if that surgeon is available they will try to accommodate your request but they don't make any promises - All of the surgeons at Humber appear to be excellent.

RNY  - December 10 2013 Dr Lindsay Toronto's Saint Joseph Hospital Toronto

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/13 12:13 am

thanks for replies. Anybody actually had Dr. Starr ?

Most Active
Recent Topics