I had forgotten!

Dar_Mab
on 11/17/13 1:09 am, edited 11/17/13 1:09 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

So I had forgotten from back in March when I had my RNY that you come home from the hospital with weight gain from the fluids and gas.    I have gained 9 lbs since Wed morning.   Believe me it is not from eating since in the hospital they gave me jello and broth.  

Does anyone fresh from surgery remember how long it stays with you?  Anyway I got back on the treadmill today for an hour albeit shuffle speed it seemed. But this is day 4 post surgery and I couldn't stand one more minute of sitting around.  Felt good to move although I held my belly for most if it to protect my belly button incisions. Lol 

Have a great day! 

Dar

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

NewMe2.0
on 11/17/13 3:30 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 05/20/14

Hi Dar,

Glad to hear you are on the mend.  I have been missing your posts as have ended up in and out of the hospital with kidney issues.

But in answer to your question,  when I came home from the hospital after kidney surgery, I was shocked to see that I had gained 3 lbs, after having thrown up non stop for a week and being on i.v. fluids in the hospital.  After a few days though, the scale showed a loss of 10..then 16lbs total.  Remember your body has been through a trauma...I know its frustrating for you especially after all your hard work, but your body needs to heal...

Hang in there...hope you feel better soon.

Vicky

• Referral:  Feb 2013/ Guelph  
  • RNY May 20th 2014 (Dr. Bhojani)                                                                         
  • 2nd RNY (revision due to marginal ulcers) Aug. 10th 2015 ( Dr. Bhojani)  
  • Revision to VSG (marginal ulcers): March 22nd 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)
  • Total Gastrectomy:  Dec. 15th 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)

RidingFan
on 11/17/13 9:08 am - Ajax, Canada
RNY on 04/29/13
No advice just glad you are home and healing. Hope you feel better soon.

Referred HRRH Apr.  2012, Info. Session: Sept 12/12, Surgeon Consult: Dr L Smith Sept 19/12,  RD/SW/RN/ Nov 19/12.  Surgery Date:  April 29, 2013

Most Active
Recent Topics