NEVER Full

hmtmomof4
on 11/17/13 11:01 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/13

So I sometimes wonder if Dr.Jackson actually did anything inside me!!

I am NEVER full!  I'm on liquids still (10 days PO) but the little 1 oz. cups of liquid are never a problem. I've even upped it to 2oz. at a time, occassionally,  and still not full or uncomfortable in the least.

Should I up it to 3oz. every 15 minutes??  I mean I don't want to stretch my pouch....and it's awful to say....but a small part of me wants to keep keep drinking until I either feel full or throw it up....just so I know what my limit is.

I should also add that I am NEVER hungry either.  It's a very weird thing never feeling hungry or full....strange! LOL

I know the recommendation is 1oz. every 15 minutes, but if I can handle more should I drink it???

Referral Sent: Jan. 2013, Orientation: Mar. 2013, Social Worker: Jun. 2013 Nurse: Jul. 2013, Nutrition Class: Aug. 2013, Dietician: Aug. 2013, Psych: Aug 2013  Surgeon: Oct. 2013, PATTS: Nov. 2013 SURGERY: Nov. 7th 2013!!!

Nerak
on 11/17/13 11:10 am - Canada

Hi H

I have never had a problem drinking anything - even right after surgery and more than 1oz every 15 min. I don't think you will stretch your pouch. I was told if I am not uncomfortable to drink more by all means. I began feeling hunger maybe at 2 weeks and I didn't really feel full but I did feel like I never want to eat a lot - I get nausea if I eat more than just a small amount of food. I think you will feel more and more in the weeks to come but if you can get in the water - awesome!

Nerak

Surgery date is Oct. 17th, 2013 in Ottawa. I was referred to the clinic in September 2012. The person performing my surgery is Dr Amy Neville. 

Hennagirliegirl
on 11/17/13 11:17 am - Canada

Are you eating yogurt, cottage cheese things like that? I also didn't feel full or hungry on clear flds and was able to drink more than 30ml every 15 minutes, which I did ( it runs through the pouch anyway)

I found when I started full flds ( whicj for humber included cottage cheese, yogurt, hot cereals, I did feel full after eating 1/4 to 1/3 cup.

Terri

Test

hmtmomof4
on 11/17/13 11:21 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/13

I have been eating a little bit of oatmeal and greek SF yogurt....not everyday though.  I admit my diet right now is mostly water, protein shakes and V8 juice!

The thing is....I am soooooo thirsty!! Doing these little 1oz every 15 min.  I can't get a lot in during the day. I know my body needs way more.

I think I will try to up the amount of fluids I take at a time and see how it goes.

Thanks Guys!

Referral Sent: Jan. 2013, Orientation: Mar. 2013, Social Worker: Jun. 2013 Nurse: Jul. 2013, Nutrition Class: Aug. 2013, Dietician: Aug. 2013, Psych: Aug 2013  Surgeon: Oct. 2013, PATTS: Nov. 2013 SURGERY: Nov. 7th 2013!!!

Diminishing Dawn
on 11/17/13 11:34 am - Windsor, Canada

You are normal.  

Your nerves are cut.  Your pouch is swollen. 

You are drinking fluids that constantly drip out of your pouch.  

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Katie M.
on 11/17/13 11:37 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

If you feel thirsty, drink more water. It slips right through so I can't imagine it will stretch your pouch - but if you're even a bit dehydrated it can cause trouble. Your stomach is still numb from all the cut nerves - I am a month out and have just started feeling what I think might be hunger, and I could tell when I was full when I got to purees. When you start eating food again, purees etc, you will definitely know when you're full!!

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

4-Jane
on 11/17/13 12:24 pm - Canada

I'm 9 weeks out and never feel like I need to eat and never eat enough to feel full either.  I'm not worried about it yet but worry more when I eat little amounts but too often which I think might be not such a good thing?  Just follow your guide book and you will do fine.  If you can drink more do i****er is so good for you

Respectfully Jane
Most Active
Recent Topics