Incisions

(deactivated member)
on 11/18/13 12:07 am

My incisions have all healed well, that is until yesterday. Last night I notice a strange feeling on the one right above my belly button, it is fully closed up but it is a bit red and a little bump the size of a coffee bean raises out nothing leaking, if I just rub on it feel the same as if you were to bump an area that is already bruised, other than that I have no constant pain, no fever, but I am worried this is getting infected internally, I call TWH and the nurse practioner told me not to worry as long as it is not oozing any fluid. Maybe I am just worried for nothing, but everything was going so well, I hope there is nothing more to this and that the nurse is right.

Hennagirliegirl
on 11/18/13 12:12 am - Canada

If in doubt go see your surgeon. Difficult for a nurse to assess not seeing i****ch it for feeling warm, getting red, more pain, fever. If it were me I'd get it checked. If it is a problem, it's only a wee one right now.

Good luck and keep us posted

Terri

Test

(deactivated member)
on 11/18/13 1:52 am

Thanks for the reply Terri I will try an go see my surgeon. 

Katie M.
on 11/18/13 1:33 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

I have something similar and was told it's just the stitches under the skin. I actually have a bit of what looks like string showing through one of my incisions. If it starts to feel warm, the redness spreads, starts to feel tender, or you feel "off", go see your doctor. Or just go see your doctor anyway, to find out what it is one way or another :) 

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

(deactivated member)
on 11/18/13 1:54 am

Thanks Katie, They told me to wait until Wednesday for my post op follow up( i think we are there together along with Kerri and another blogger) to have the nurse or doctor take a look at it then, mine is like fully closed , the redness is definitely not spreading and it isn't warm.

Katie M.
on 11/18/13 2:00 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

I wonder how big our nutrition group will be on Wednesday... It will be nice to meet some people from the boards :) Hopefully when they take a look at it on Weds it will just be the stitches underneath dissolving and not an infection. But it sounds like the same lump I have.

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

(deactivated member)
on 11/18/13 12:51 pm
I think it might be everyone who had surgery that week I was the week of October 13th. I hope its nothing and definitely want it checked out. It will be neat to meet people on Wednesday.
Most Active
Recent Topics