Got my date...DS surgery, St. Joe's Hamilton

Lana00
on 11/20/13 12:01 pm

Well, after a long wait, I am happy to announce that I was provided a surgery date yesterday. I will be having my surgery on December 20th! I only received a voicemail message, so I haven't heard too much information on the details yet. I'm looking forward to the pre-op appointment and having some questions answered. 

I am excited and of course nervous as well.  Timing is tough too. It's right before Christmas. I have a 3 year old that is full of life and excitement.  I wonder if I will have an ability to participate at all or if I will be in too much pain to do so.

Wish me luck, and thank you for all of your posts...I have gained a lot from reading all of them. 

Take care. 

Hennagirliegirl
on 11/20/13 12:07 pm - Canada

Congratulations, you must be thrilled. You'll be home two days after surgery. I was not in any pain when I came home, was just tired.

Terri

Test

Lana00
on 11/20/13 12:13 pm

Thanks Terri! I hope that I will have the same experience as you! :)

daisies109
on 11/20/13 12:57 pm
I totally understand your concerns. I am 5 days post op and have to 2yr old and a 6month old. I was still very cautious and tender the first few days home, but my oldest was able to understand that mommy has owies and to be gentle, but we still do lots of cuddling, reading, singing etc so that we are still having plenty of fun quality time. Best of luck

Daisies

shoshanaApr2013
on 11/20/13 1:10 pm
Congratulations! It's a busy time to be having surgery, but wonderful to be getting in.

Hopefully you'll be home and able to celebrate the holiday with your little one without too much discomfort. What a great gift to be giving yourself and your family... you're on your way to being happier, healthier, and extending your life!

Best of luck!

Referral: Apr 2013; Orientation (HRRH): Aug 12, 2013; 1st Surgeon Appt (Dr Sohi): Aug 23, 2013; SW/RD/RN: Nov 8, 2013; Internist (Dr Glazer): Nov 14, 2013; 2nd Surgeon Appt: Nov 20, 2013; Start Opti: Jan 3, 2013; PATTS: Jan 16, 2014; Surgery: Jan 24, 2014

4-Jane
on 11/20/13 8:47 pm, edited 11/20/13 8:47 pm - Canada

The 3 year old Jem in my life only needed to be lifted out of the tub after the other than that we were a good pair even on walks as they like to doodle around anyway, I hope your holiday is filled with magic and all of the joy of the season.. I look forward to reading your future posts not many DSers here, so welcome on board..... Sorry but I'm typing blind here

Respectfully Jane
Patm
on 11/20/13 9:51 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

You will just have to be organised before surgery. You will be tired but hopefully able to enjoy all of Christmas.

Lana00
on 11/21/13 8:17 am

I received news from the hospital today indicating that y surgery is canceled. The surgeon isn't actually in the hospital in December. They do not know what month I will be able to have the surgery now. Fingers crossed that it happens in January!

Akichan
on 11/22/13 12:54 am - Canada

Goodness, no wonder the wait at this hospital is ridiculously long.

May I ask what your wait was like?

I had my orientation in August :/

Referral sent: August 2012 - Orientation date: August 12, 2013 - First Appointment/Nutritionist: May 02, 2014 - ECG: May 02, 2014 - Psychologist: May 20, 2014 - Internist: June 16, 2014 - Surgeon's Appointment: July - Nutrition Class: July 17, 2013 - Pre-Op Appointment: July 21, 2014 - Surgery date: August 1, 2014

Start Weight: 367 - Optifast Start Weight: 361 

Lana00
on 11/22/13 1:38 am

Hello Akichan,

I should explain that there are surgeons working in December, just not the surgeon that I need for my type of surgery.

I had my orientation in early fall of last year.  I believe that I was referred early August  2013, orientation was early March 2013.  I then had a series of meetings in August through the fall of this year.  I know that the wait is long and frustrating.  I'm sure it's the same for others - but for me, by the time that I contacted my doctor for a referral, I was ready for it the next day.  I do wish that I had initiated this sooner.

I'm worried about how long it will be before the new date.  Once you have a date, you can work with it.  It is so much better than being in limbo.

Hang in there! 

:)

Most Active
Recent Topics