Skinny Fiber

DogGirl76
on 11/20/13 11:00 pm

What are your thoughts on skinny fiber?

I have a friend that had roux en y  last year and she is almost goal weight and is now thinking of taking skinny fiber.

I am concerned as this product "grows" in your stomach and you NEED to consume extra water while on this.

Dangerous or not?

Thoughts please.

reenie33
on 11/21/13 12:17 am

I personally would stay away from the product, unless the surgeon approved it first. Im thinking the product is supposed to expand in your belly  "to make you think your full"  why would someone with an RNY need this anyway? We can only eat so much anyhow. Fiber is great for sure , but there are plenty of other sources, and less costly. I hope Ive not offended you or your friend, just my view is all. (tell your friend that it is so awesome that she is so close to goal! way to go girl)

reenie33
on 11/21/13 12:17 am

I personally would stay away from the product, unless the surgeon approved it first. Im thinking the product is supposed to expand in your belly  "to make you think your full"  why would someone with an RNY need this anyway? We can only eat so much anyhow. Fiber is great for sure , but there are plenty of other sources, and less costly. I hope Ive not offended you or your friend, just my view is all. (tell your friend that it is so awesome that she is so close to goal! way to go girl)

Yoyo4life
on 11/21/13 3:25 am - Brampton, Canada
RNY on 01/08/14

Ive seen ppl  who have been on the skinny fiber and really loose the weight but not sure if that would be good for somebody who has had weight loss surgery she would have to ask the surgeon

Referral sent: Aug/30/2013 Orientation: September/24/2013 Nurse Appointment: September/30/2013 Social worker Appointment: October/7/2013 Psychologist Appointment:Oct/11/13 Dietician Appointment:Oct/21/13 Nutrition Class: Oct/29/2013 Surgeons Appointment: Nov/22/2013 PATTS: December/13/2013 Surgery date: January/08/2014

Diminishing Dawn
on 11/21/13 4:24 am - Windsor, Canada

Fibre pills have been around since I was in high school. 

if she needs help she should talk to her dietician etc rather than waste her money. 

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Most Active
Recent Topics