weird email today

tangoshubby
on 11/21/13 1:36 am - Canada

Hi there just got an email from I guess a fake account on here,   byran7777 sent me a message saying his client passed away and left 1.2 million pounds and had no family and because we shared the same last name he was more then happy to give it to me.  lol.  thing is my last name is not in my profile!!!!! has anyone else received an email like this?   is there a way to report it?  and He is in england and I'm in Ontario lol

maniakmyke79
on 11/21/13 1:39 am

we all get these messages from time to time.  my advice is to simply block the sender and forget about it.

you could report it if you want but by the time they get around to that ticket the spambot has most likely been abandoned anyway.

Diminishing Dawn
on 11/21/13 4:32 am - Windsor, Canada

Wow. I'm surprised you've not had spam before.  It's pretty common. There's a script people can use that will fill in your name automatically.  If you are registered on oh it will do that and fill it in.  Email programs do the same things.  No worries

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

tangoshubby
on 11/21/13 4:42 am - Canada

they are now blocked.   ya first time in 3 or 4 years lol

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/13 5:41 am - Straford, Canada

they are likely in Nigeria or some such place.  I got one the other day saying she and I should hook up because we're of the same tribe!  LOL  I didn't now I was in her tribe!  

JJ_
on 11/21/13 7:02 pm

Yes Ian, the crazy tribe.....it has it`s own bus too :)

Judy

Most Active
Recent Topics