I curse you Apple Body Shape!

(deactivated member)
on 11/20/13 4:55 am

So I have always been all belly! I have "skinny little chicken legs" as my friends like to tease me about. So I like to buy my pants big enough to fit over my belly because Lawd have mercy if I tug my jeans UNDER my belly, I swear they would fall. Anyways , this now puts me at about a size 20... I bought size 14 pants (they were on sale for 2 bucks!) and thought.. uhm.. lemme just try why not.. THEY FIT, under the belly of course, they were so nice and tight in the right places on my legs and butt.. CURSE YOU BELLY! I can't wait until my pants fit both my stomach AND my legs!

Anyone else have a crazy unproportionate body?

merry1
on 11/20/13 6:14 am - Canada

I have been so obsessed with the floppy skin on my legs, so when I read your post I could only think you are lucky you won't have to worry about sagging floppy thighs!  Apparently, or at least from what I was told by at least one person, they don't like to do a thigh tuck because it is so painful.  -  on the other hand, when it comes time you can have a panni and hopefully your belly will be gone!  Hurray!  Soooo, enjoy your skinny chicken legs and look forward to the day they can help you out with your belly!  You are doing so well - a size 14 will be a dream come true for me!!  Keep on going girl and keep us posted!!

kristaeb
on 11/20/13 6:49 am, edited 11/20/13 6:51 am

I have the dreaded ugly back fat..I am in a size 12-14 right now and my back fat is the worst. But i am starting to work out more and  targeting that area the most. I am realistic and at the age of 45 i am not going to ever look like a super model lol. But i will love the body that god gave me , as soon as i lose this darn back fat kiss...Have good night Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Zizzler
on 11/20/13 6:51 am

Yup I am an apple too - my weight is mostly in my middle front - boobs and belly - with relatively thiner legs and arms, butt.  I only buy stretchy pants and most of my tops are stretchy too.  Otherwise it is too tight in belly and too loose in the other areas. Maternity clothing fits me quite well actually and I am regularly mistaken as being pregnant.  Once I had my belly searched at the airport security just in case I was a drug mule or something I guess.  Sigh.  I totally get it - hang in there and soon your belly will get smaller - good luck!

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

(deactivated member)
on 11/20/13 6:56 am

hahaah oh the curses of a belly, sometimes I used to find comfort in people thinking I was pregnant. Thats how bad fat shaming is in our society. SIGH. Maternity clothes are a great idea ! thank you im definitely going to look more into that!! thanks a bunches!

Zizzler
on 11/20/13 7:29 am

Lots of nice maternity stuff these days too, which is great. My favourite is my yoga pants - I would live in them if I did not have to work at an office. So true about fat shaming - it is still often socially acceptable to try to shame a fat person whereas most other discrimination is not.  I remember them saying that at my orientation and I almost started to cry because I was in a room of people who understand how it feels. Good luck with your shopping!!

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

(deactivated member)
on 11/20/13 7:35 am

ya do you know a good spot to get about size 14 maternity stuff? Im thinking about checking out old navy, i've found good full panel jeans there before.. dunno if theres another good cheap place (since were going through sizes so darn fast!!)

Zizzler
on 11/21/13 6:18 am

Got mine at the Bay but I think Walmart may have some stuff.   Check it out:  http://www.walmart.ca/en/apparel/ladies/maternity-nursing/N- 2019

You may want to call and ask before heading to the store.

Also Thyme maternity:  http://www.thymematernity.com/new-maternity-pants/TM-New-Arr ivals-Pants,default,sc.html

More expensive but they have a huge selection.

let me know how it goes!

burg_vs
on 11/20/13 6:59 am

My weight is in my upper belly but I have no boobs and what I did have I have already lost....so I could wear smaller pants but I have to wear tops that poof to hide the top of my stomach.  Without a bra even tho I have lost just over 4o pounds my stomach still sticks out over my chest.  Can't wait til the day it switches

(deactivated member)
on 11/20/13 7:14 am

I have no boobs or butt! I feel ya about the belly sticking past the boobs! Ahh the pains some people will never understand... also.. thank god for tunics!

Most Active
Recent Topics