5 days Post-Op

daisies109
on 11/20/13 9:24 am

Hello all, I am 5 days post-op and am feeling much more human today!! I'm wondering if anyone has any advice about the full fluids stage. I find it absolutely agonizing only having 30mls of water, flavored water, decaf tea, etc every 15 mins. I am sooo thirsty. I have braved it a few times and have had more than 30 because I was so desperate with no issues. I am diligent about stopping fluids 30mins prior/after meals and am usually able to have the 3/4 cup serving at each meal. I'm eating a variety of pudding, cream soup, yogurt, cottage cheese, I made the banana bread oatmeal recipe as well as some of the shakes from the WLS book and have tolerated everything well so far. I am certainly learning when my pouch is saying that i'm full, and when "eating" my main meals, especially with something heavier like oatmeal, I stick to the 30mls/15 mins. My question is....when having soup,shakes for snacks can I take more than 30 mls every 15 mins if i feel I'm able. My meals on adverage take me 60-75 mins to finish, sometimes longer. Any advice??

Thanks,

Amy

Daisies

Hennagirliegirl
on 11/20/13 12:29 pm - Canada

during my two weeks on full flds I did not pay attention to not eating and drinking, at that point I felt it was more important to remain hydrated. I was drinking more than 30 ml every 15 minutes. if you listen to your body youmwill know.

Now that I'm on pureed I do follow the don't drink 30 minutes prior or after.

Terri

Test

nadiras
on 11/20/13 10:57 pm - Canada

Your doing great with what your doing. I know we are only supposed to do the 30ml/15 min but I was able to handle more myself. Plus I sipped water because my mouth gets dry very quick. My advice is to try a little more each time and see how your pouch feels after. There could be days where you may not be able to handle a lot but try that extra spoonful and hopefully it goes well.

Orientation May 2013, Surgeon( Dr.Lindsay) July 17, Rescheduled RN/NUT/ SW and got lucky with a cancellation July 18, Dr.Linsday 2nd appt Aug.19, Dr.Lindsay was overbooked switched to Dr.Starr on Oct.8, Surgery Dr.Starr Nov.8,2013

Most Active
Recent Topics