Weak stomachs don't read this post - RATED OPTI TMI!

Katiebear291
on 11/21/13 7:46 am - Canada
RNY on 12/10/13

Ok so Opti Day 3

Every time I have my opti I have a BM 20 minutes later every time always loose even though i am putting 2 tsp of inulin fiber in every shake and am taking immodeum ...

I feel Like I am not retaining the opti like I should be and am hungry within the hour and have to starve the next 2-3 hours till my next shake.

Is there a different fiber i can to block myself up or keep it in my tummy longer?

RNY  - December 10 2013 Dr Lindsay Toronto's Saint Joseph Hospital Toronto

JJ_
on 11/21/13 6:51 pm

In Ottawa, we are told to take Metamucil capsules with each shake (2 to 3).  After my first week, I talked with the NP and she told me to up the capsules to 5 PER SHAKE.  I had the Opti-trots so bad that first week.  Once I upped the number of capsules, I was a lot better.

Good luck.

Judy

Katiebear291
on 11/21/13 8:31 pm - Canada
RNY on 12/10/13

Thanks I will try that / we were told benefiber so that is what I used but it may be wrong fir me

RNY  - December 10 2013 Dr Lindsay Toronto's Saint Joseph Hospital Toronto

Patm
on 11/21/13 8:17 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

If you are adding flavourings with artificial sweeteners in them cut that out. I found that helped. I just used instant coffee

Hennagirliegirl
on 11/21/13 10:15 pm - Canada

The fibre is added because the opti can be sooo constipating. I would consider cutting the fibre out all together. I used it in one shake one day and remained loose the entire 2 weeks

Terri

Test

Catw
on 11/21/13 10:31 pm - Arnprior, Canada

Sounds like the infamous Opti Trots.  Try the metemucil caps and see if that helps.

As for being hungry in between, are you getting enough water in?  The water will help you stay full, or if you are allowed broth/sugar free jello it will help as well.

Cathy

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/13 10:33 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Metamucil works better.  It will absorb the excess water in the colon.  It might take a few days to start working but I took it for the 3 weeks that I did Optifast.

Most Active
Recent Topics