What are you eating/doing today (Friday)

birdiegirl
on 11/21/13 6:18 pm

RNY  4 Years 7 Months Post Op

Morning

Another sleepless night....re-played my whole work day....Hopefully some rest this weekend......I canceled my work out for this morning....thankfully.....

STEPS - 4300....too much desk time

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

L - Cobb salad with regular dressing

D - 2 cups of green salad with honey Dijon, a few croutons and some almonds

Blue Menu crispy chicken cutlet

2 TB of plum sauce

glass of Malbec

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,383,  Carbs - 77 grams,  Fat - 64 grams,  Protein - 105 grams

All water....decaf coffee and tea....and vits

Have a great one    mail

Onward and
Downward

on 11/21/13 8:19 pm, edited 11/21/13 8:20 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

So it's basically stress from work that's working on your sleep too, isn't it, Barb?  That really sucks.  I'm normally a head-hit-the-pillow-out-like-a-light type, so during September and October when I wasn't sleeping due to stress at work, I couldn't believe how messed up I would get from no sleep.  Affected my moods, energy, everything.  I hope things settle down for you soon.

Yesterday I didn't give in to night snacking, nor did I give in to the crap grab even though I didn't feel like cooking (and didn't cook).  I napped after work, and then we ordered in Chinese food, and I was careful just to have the shrimp and veggie stir fry, with no rice.  Rewarded again on the scale this morning - 1.8 lbs down.  Considering that I had gone back up to 185 briefly over the weekend and beginning of the week, I'm very relieved that I'm back down to a little under 182 today - and that I'm doing it with a diet of about 1500 calories a day (I have been adjusting MFP the next day to reflect any substitutions, and I'm generally at around 1,500 all told).

Today: Swimming this morning before work for the first time in almost three months - just got a bathing suit a couple of days ago since the old one didn't fit anymore.  Then work.  Then after work, coming home and packing for a trip to visit family this weekend in Trenton and Picton and leaving tonight probably around 7 or 7:30.  So I really need to make sure I eat supper before we go and avoid the on-the-road-crap-grab.  No time to cook, so I'll just repeat more of the afternoon snack, which is comfort food for me these days.

1 YEAR POST-RNY

B - Premier Protein shake

S - 1/2 cup fat-free Greek yogurt with 2 tbsps dried cranberries and 1 oz almonds

L - 1 cup of leftover Chinese shrimp and mixed veggie stirfry, and a clementine for dessert

S - 1/2 cup of light ricotta/vanilla/splenda with 1/4 cup of blackberries and 1/4 cup blueberries

D - Same as afternoon snack, and a clementine for the drive

S - 1 cup of skim milk and 25g Special K Protein

TOTALS: 128g protein, 56g fat, 117 carbs, 24g fiber, 1502 calories

Have a great day, everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

kristaeb
on 11/21/13 9:27 pm

Congrats on the weight loss.And the new suit..kiss..Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Onward and
Downward

on 11/21/13 10:54 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Thanks!  Felt good to get my swimming in this morning.  The weird thing is that I can feel the difference in my clothing with just three and a half pounds.  Before surgery, it took at least 10 or 15 lbs before there was any noticeable difference.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

kellybelly333
on 11/21/13 11:15 pm - Toronto, Canada

At this point, I can almost tell how much I weigh, before I step on the scale. Just by looking at my stomach. LOL. Also, my face. When I go under 130, my face drops, but my stomach is flatter. LOL 130 is my number of choice, but I always like to see the number in the 120's....because that's just a crazy number to me!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Onward and
Downward

on 11/21/13 11:18 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Hey Kelly, nice to see you!  Hope you're feeling okay this morning. I noticed yesterday that you were saying you were getting a lot of bloating.  Good luck with Dr. Aarts on that - she did my RNY and she's great!

That's funny re: the 120's.  I can't even imagine being in the 120's!  I think the last time I was 120 lbs was in grade 6.  And I was overweight then!

kellybelly333
on 11/22/13 12:02 am - Toronto, Canada

Hiya! She did my RNY as well, which is why i'm going back to her.

I'm sure I was in my 120's in grade six as well. Hannah just weighed herself last night and is 110 (she'll be 11 on January 1st). Nicholas is a runt and is 50 pounds.....he's 8. Skinny SKINNY child...and short.

Yep, still bloating up...last night was painful enough for Tylenol 3....which is why she wants me back in sooner. Another surgery for me, and hopefully the last!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Onward and
Downward

on 11/22/13 4:12 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Ah, okay!  I'd forgotten that.  I wonder why her name never shows up in the surgeon part of our posts.

Patm
on 11/22/13 1:51 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Since I know both of you I can not image you at 120. You are taller than me and Kelly is shorter than me almost by the same amount. I think you will find a weight that works for you

Onward and
Downward

on 11/22/13 4:11 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Oh, I know - I'm certainly not aiming for 120!  I think I've got a few inches of height on Kelly too, so while it might be okay for her, I would probably look emaciated.  I'm trying not to be too hung up on the numbers anyhow. :)

Most Active
Recent Topics