plastics

Donna E.
on 11/22/13 8:27 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 08/16/12
Had tummy tuck and breast reduction surgery today. And advice on how to get out of bed and walk to thee bathroom with the least amount of pain. Thanks

(deactivated member)
on 11/22/13 9:09 am

can't relate other than 2 C-sections and back surgery.. you either take a painkiller or you tough it out. Either way - you have to move around, it's for your own benefit. Dont just get off of bed. Get on you side first, get your legs down, sit up, hold your torso with both hands and slowly get up pushing with your legs, so there is minimal straining on the body itself. Sitting down, same idea but backwards. Hang in there

Donna E.
on 11/22/13 10:15 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 08/16/12
Thank you so much. it hurt like crazy the first time, but it was better the second time. Still very painful but can't be helped :)

(deactivated member)
on 11/22/13 10:21 am

we are in the same area. I would like to meet for coffee sometime, if you are up for it :) Cant wait to see the results :)

(deactivated member)
on 11/22/13 10:24 am

P.S. If you feel sorry for yourself and think, I'll just take it easy and stay in bed - biggest mistake. It will be that much harder to get up after

Donna E.
on 11/22/13 11:01 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 08/16/12
Sounds great. I am near Yonge and Elgin Mills. Where are you near?

(deactivated member)
on 11/22/13 11:26 am

I work right there :) Live on Bathust/M.M

Donna E.
on 11/22/13 11:44 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 08/16/12
I sent you a private message.

Megan M.
on 11/22/13 11:47 am - Canada

You can relate to this, I am sure!  The nurse told me to "roll on my side and lift my hips" so she could get a bedpan under me.  I wanted to make her a hat with it.  Sorry for your pain, but there's really no easy way at first.  Be very careful, you will find what works for you soon enough.  WhenI got home, I would sort of roll off the couch onto my knees, then haul myself up as best I could.  Trial and error, unfortunately.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Onward and
Downward

on 11/22/13 8:47 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

No advice from me (and others have given you good advice) but I just wanted to say, congrats and speedy healing! Hope the results are just what you want. :)

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Most Active
Recent Topics