Excited and terrified

Sojouner
on 11/22/13 9:31 am

Hello I am new to the forum.  My surgery is scheduled for Monday!  I have been reading your posts for a few months now and thank you all for your generosity in sharing your experiences.  I feel that I have a much better sense of the journey ahead.  It has been a very long road to get to Monday and it's only the start...

aidan
on 11/22/13 9:49 am - Canada
How exciting congrats!

KarenHope
on 11/22/13 9:52 am
RNY on 04/15/13

Welcome Sojourner, All the best Monday. I am 7 month post op and down 96 pounds since I started Optifast. It was the best, scariest, thing I ever did for myself. Let us know how you are doing as soon as you are able to.

Since you have been reading for a few months I imagine you have yourself all organized and are ready to walk, sip and toot on Monday. 

We will be all set to make room for you on the loser's bench Monday.

Karen

Referral Oct '11 Orientation Ottawa Dec 9 '11 NP June 25 '12 Sleep Clinic July 27 '12 

Tr to Kingston Aug '12  NP/SW/Nut Oct 1 '12 Pre-Op class - Dec 12 '12 Surgeon  Mar 4 '13    Surgery Apr 15 '13     

HW 304 CW 175 GOAL 150  

daisies109
on 11/22/13 10:18 am
Very exciting! All the for a quick and speedy recovery

Daisies

PepperBB
on 11/22/13 10:20 am - Canada

Welcome!! Good Luck on Monday, its going to be great.

Have a speedy recovery!

Katie

Katie H.

Referral January 2013 - Orientation at TWH March 4  -  Social Worker May 27 - Nurse Practitioner July 11 - Nutrition Class August 26 - Dietitian September 4 - Psychologist September 4, Meeting with Surgeon September 13 - Surgery October 28

4-Jane
on 11/22/13 1:22 pm - Canada

I waited two years for surgery and in that time read oddles of information but somehow I missed some important tips.... You are right your just starting and expect that things may not move crazy fast.  Do not second guess yourself if the weight does not just melt off.  Reading these posts can sometimes mess up our expectations we set for ourselves.  Pre op we read .... six months out and down 90 pounds so when were are not melting as fast we think we are doing it wrong... I stalled for four weeks two weeks out and am playing catch up know.  Tip number two you must feed your body if you want it to loss.   And truly water helps everything work better keeps your skin nice, moves your bowels and helps with weight loss too, drink more than you think you can.  Add a wool blanket to your bed and dress in layers it will help you stay warm.  Reach out to others but try to understand that we all travel different roads, our journeys are similar but very different.  It is hard to judge my success based on what I think others are doing better, not so good when we need to steady the course and stay focused.  Listen to your body, take it slow and nurture and love this new beginning like you would if a baby were placed in your care.  Take care and best wishes for Monday, ps ask for heated blankets they are comfort and ice chips are a luxury as well

Respectfully Jane
kimber291
on 11/23/13 1:19 am, edited 11/23/13 1:20 am - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

Jane, 

Thank you for posting this, it is a great post!

I am in the beginning of my journey, I meet with the surgeon for the first time on Thursday. Things are moving rather quickly which I am very thankful for. (Referral just went in October 29th) but I have noticed that my confidence is now slowly changing and I am becoming more nervous.  Kind of overwhelmed. But I am not looking back, this tool is something I need to change my life. I have always been on some sort of a diet...since I was 14 years old. I am now 40. 

I have been slowly trying to incorporate changes in my eating, slower chewing(which isn't easy....chewing 20-30 times isn't easy. Lol) taking sips instead of gulps. I want to be as successful as I can because I will not be in this situation ever again!!! I look at the books I got at the info session as my new Bible. :-)

Thanks again for the tips and pointers, it is very helpful to us newbies. 

Kim

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

Sunny123
on 11/22/13 6:18 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

Lots of great advice from people who have 'walked and tooted' before us!

Good luck and look forward to hearing from you again!

Jo

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Julie99
on 11/22/13 8:09 pm - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Best wishes coming your way 

Referral: June 26, 2013  Confirmation: July 4, 2013  Orientation(OWMC) Sept.13, 2013  Nurse: Dec. 3, 2013  Nut/Beh: Jan. 28, 2014  Pre-surgical class: Feb. 26, 2014  Meet Surgeon: March 18, 2014  PAU: July 11, 2014  Surgery with Dr. Yelle: Aug. 11, 2014              

(deactivated member)
on 11/22/13 8:24 pm - Straford, Canada

All the best on Monday, and speedy healing!  Remember to err on the painful side when the nurse asks you to rate your pain, get moving as quickly as your body allows and ice chips are your friends!  kiss

Most Active
Recent Topics