people are cruel

val60
on 11/28/13 1:52 am - oshawa, Canada

Was at walmart shopping looking for jeans and just looking to see my size  and this women turns around and say at my sizes I just should stay in track pants and I lost on her and I ask her why she would say that she made the comment all fat people should only wear track pants I was really upset and then I heard my oldest son who is 27 ask the women if she was raised to be so rude and should just stay quite if she had nothing nice to say then he walked up to me and gave me a big hug and said in his eyes I am beautiful and hes proud to have me as his mom he lives in a different area and was in town for a meeting and was just shopping when he over heard her say that 

val

referral Oct 2013,orientation Nov 25 2013, 1st  surgeon Dr Huyan  appt dec 10 2013, had blood work today dietitian Mar 10 8am ,social worker march 10 9 am,Nurse Clinican 10 am

gonna_B_thinner
on 11/28/13 2:12 am

Holy cow that was really rude of that woman to say to you.  Where do these people get off talking to others like that.  Next time (and I hope you don't have a next  time) just tell her "well I can always lose weight but your still going to be a %@#$%  "  I am lucky that no one has actually come up to me and said anything like that to me, well other than family and I can just di**** right back to them.  You must be so proud of your son.  Don't let her comment get you down. 

val60
on 11/28/13 2:21 am - oshawa, Canada

I am trying not  to 

val

referral Oct 2013,orientation Nov 25 2013, 1st  surgeon Dr Huyan  appt dec 10 2013, had blood work today dietitian Mar 10 8am ,social worker march 10 9 am,Nurse Clinican 10 am

Cottagenanny
on 11/28/13 2:25 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 02/03/14

Well Val, just goes to show you that you raised a wonderful son, you should be very proud of him and yourself!!!  

Some people just shouldn't open their mouths if the only thing coming out of it will be hurtful comments.  No one knows anothers cir****tance - is their weight from overeating, medical issues, mental issues, etc. - so others should remember that to judge someone without full knowledge will come back to bite them, and only make their comments make them look pathetic.

Orientation March 13, 2013 / Social Worker June 11 / Nurse Practitioner July 10 / Nutrition class, Blood, ECG Aug. 20 / Surgeon Consult - Dr. Penner Sept. 20 / CT Scan Oct. 10 / Surgeon Consult - Dr. Urbach Oct. 18 / Psychologist Oct. 30 / Nutritionist Oct. 30 / Dr. Urbach Dec. 13 / PAATS Jan. 24 / Surgery February 3, 2014    

Patm
on 11/28/13 2:36 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

What an awesome son. I hope you focus on that not the brainless woman and her comments. I do like the other posters comment about she will always be a *****

val60
on 11/28/13 2:38 am - oshawa, Canada

thank you everyone

val

Gillyc
on 11/28/13 3:07 am
DS on 12/17/13

I don't think I would have been able to articulate a response i'd have been so angry and sad and frustrated and hurt and angry with some sort of killing rage.  >.>

I'm really sorry you (or *anyone*) has to put up with the ignorance and thoughtlessness of other people.  Your son was right, and if my children ever show as much thought and courage as your son did, I will be extremely proud.

Once upon a time, I was in a foreign movie theatre buying popcorn, the man in front of me (in line) at the cash turned around and jumped (scared kind of jump) then he turned pink/purple and started babbling incoherently in dutch about how big i was and had frightened him and how he couldn't believe how he jumped.  

I tried to laugh it off but i was also very embarrassed and hurt.  A lot of hurtful things have been said to me because of my size, but this was one time I felt no right to be angry since his reaction had been involuntary.  

Not sure why I'm sharing this, I guess a lot of people react or feel a certain way but have never had to actually think out the reasons for why they feel that way.  

val60
on 11/28/13 3:19 am - oshawa, Canada

We dont share with others to often cause we learn we dont matter thats how people are  and very rude I have found people on her are to I am finding from another post I put on  but it helps having some to share what you go threw daily helps

val

Nathalie_Can
on 11/28/13 3:14 am

2 things: 

1)  WOW

2)  Beautiful son!

~hugs~

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

Onward and
Downward

on 11/28/13 4:30 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

I'm sorry this woman was such a jerk towards you.  Some people are just so awful.  I can't imagine what would make a person into such a miserable person that they would think it was okay to say something like that to someone.

So glad your son stepped in.  I hope you're feeling better.  I know how miserable that is when people say stuff like that.  I once had a guy pass me on the street and say, "God, but you're fat and ugly."  That stung for a week.  The worst part?  I was on my way to WW after having lost 40 or 50 lbs at that point!  (Of course I gained it all back when I went off the wagon - that was a few years ago.)

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Most Active
Recent Topics