Meeting Dr on Monday at HRRH

jmary56
on 11/29/13 6:33 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 06/27/14

I'm meeting the surgeon for the first time on Monday at HRRH.  It's Dr. Sohi and I wondered if anyone else has met him or had him do their surgery?  Really appreciate some feedback.   Thanks! 

Jo

shoshanaApr2013
on 11/29/13 6:54 am
I have Dr Sohi. He's a very nice, soft spoken man. So far he has been through and seems to err on the side of caution. I have my surgery with him in January.

He's seems to be fairly on time when at the Centre, but when you see him for the 2nd time at his office on Lawrence Ave expect him to be running late! I've seen him twice and he was over an hour late each time. He's very busy and the office was packed. The good thing is that he seems to take the time he needs with each patient, so it's worth the wait.

Good luck!

Referral: Apr 2013; Orientation (HRRH): Aug 12, 2013; 1st Surgeon Appt (Dr Sohi): Aug 23, 2013; SW/RD/RN: Nov 8, 2013; Internist (Dr Glazer): Nov 14, 2013; 2nd Surgeon Appt: Nov 20, 2013; Start Opti: Jan 3, 2013; PATTS: Jan 16, 2014; Surgery: Jan 24, 2014

jmary56
on 11/29/13 9:57 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 06/27/14

Thank you!  It's good to know he is thorough and nice!! 

Jo

jolemalamb
on 11/29/13 8:32 am - Sutton West, Canada

Dr. Sohi is my surgeon as well. I am having surgery December 13.

I find him to be very laid back, and easy to talk to. My appointments with him were very thorough.

jmary56
on 11/29/13 9:58 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 06/27/14

Thank you for replying and good luck with your surgery!! 

Jo

TammyS74
on 11/29/13 9:59 am - Canada

I am a patient of Dr Sohi and I have my surgery  1 week from today.  He is thorough and yes errs on the side of caution  he is honest and won't sugar coat which is amazing  I like him and feel very comfortable with him doing my surgery.  That said Thursday I will be a basket case LOL

Surgery Date: December 6 2013 Humber River Regional Hospital Dr. Sohi  

jmary56
on 11/29/13 10:05 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 06/27/14

Hi Tammy, I am so glad that he tells it like it is.  This is such a big decision and is my last resort to gain my health back and feel better.  I appreciate you telling me a little about him.  Sending all the best for your surgery on Thursday!  I'd love to keep in touch and support you through the next while.  I'm not sure when I'll get into surgery but hoping it won't be too late next year.  

Jo

TammyS74
on 11/29/13 10:16 am - Canada

Thanks Jo.  My surgery is Friday morning.  I see you are from Peterborough, are you aware of the support group that meets every Tuesday evening?  I grew up down there, live in Brampton now but I do keep in touch with some people from home.  My email is [email protected]  you can email me to find out more about that group i can connect you with someone or just to chat the best best way to get me is facebook though.  Tammy Shepherd Summers  if you cant find me email me your facebook name and what your profile pic is and i will try to find you

Surgery Date: December 6 2013 Humber River Regional Hospital Dr. Sohi  

jmary56
on 11/29/13 12:23 pm - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 06/27/14

I didn't know about the group.  I've been so busy researching about the surgery and reading the forum topics....didn't think to look locally.  I think I found you on facebook and sent a friend request.  Nice to connect with someone going through the same thing!!!  

Jo

Most Active
Recent Topics