snack ideas please

LittleMiss2013
on 11/27/13 8:30 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

Yep same as Burg.....I eat the chicken pepperettes (Pillers Smoked Chicken Nibblers). They are at No Frills for $7 and last awhile. I grab one with a mozzarella cheese stick. Together that equals 10g of protein. I eat 1/4 - 1/2 cup of cut up Cantalope melon, or cucumber slices (about 7) with Renee's Fat Free Ceaser Dressing (5 calories per 2 tbs). No protein in the melon and cucumber but it makes a nice side to the pepperette and cheese stick when you want a more rounded meal.

Also when I am feeling the need for a sweet snack, I take a fat free chocolate pudding, add 1 tsp all natural peanut butter (no sugar just peanuts), and half a banana cut up. It tastes like reeses peanut butter cups and I am all satisfied after, lol. You can also sprinkle some choc or unflavored protein powder to boost the protein. Without the boost it is 6 protein....35 carbs, 233 calories....but you can save some of that by omitting the banana. Even better you can replace the peanut butter with PB2 and save a ton of calories =) It's great for a healthier version of a once in awhile fix when you need something.

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Nathalie_Can
on 11/27/13 9:21 pm

Just in case you haven't tried this....I hate Greek yogurt as well but LOVE the new ones that came out, did you try them?  They are the Silhouette greek yogurt with fruits....I can't get enough since I gave them a try.  If you haven't tasted it, give it a try, I can't even tell its greek yogurt.

and something else to give a try, I love the Caramel DaVinci syrup and I used to mix that in my plain yogurt so I didn't mind it, didn't like it as much as the new fruit ones but it wasn't bad mixed in.

Happy Thursday

Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

Most Active
Recent Topics