What are you doing/eating today? (Monday)

(deactivated member)
on 12/1/13 6:34 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I've been up a few hours already so thought I best write out my menu before I run out of time to do so.  Contractor is coming today so will be busy.

B - protein shake

S - crustless quiche

L - homemade veggie and bean soup, 2 ryvita with liverwurst

S - greek yogurt

D - slice of meatloaf with mushroom gravy, 1/2 cup roasted butternut squash salad (hubby didn't like it so now I get to fini****)

Have a good day everyone

birdiegirl
on 12/1/13 7:10 pm

RNY  4 Years 8 Months Post Op

Morning

How is your pain today Tracey?......I hope its getting better......exciting day for you when the contractor begins.....

I meet my purchasers this morning to hand over the keys and codes to all....I will still be in and out of the office the next month or so as I close out my year .....then off to Costco for some protein shakes and protein bars....and to the grocery store to fill my fridge....it has been awful to have an empty fridge and freezer.  ...it is going to take me a long time to get out of the habit of filling my days full of work.....

STEPS - 4500 yesterday....but today begins my promise to myself for 10,000.....will report tomorrow

EATS....as in back on the              eats!!

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

S - 2 ham- cheese- pickle roll ups made with 3 slices each of PC blue menu ham/low fat swiss and sugar free pickle spears

L - 3 oz roasted chicken

D - 5 oz baked halibut - or other white fish

cup of sweet kale veggie salad from costco

S - small orange

MYFITNESSPAL  totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,046,  Carbs - 59 grams,  Fat - 40 grams,  Protein - 119 grams

Trying to keep my calories at 1000 and carbs under 60.....that is my daily goal

All water....at least 2-3 litres....plus decaf coffee and tea....as much as I need to get me thru the first 3-4 days of de-tox....and all vits

Have  a great one    mail

(deactivated member)
on 12/1/13 8:39 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I am still sore and that is what woke me up at 330 but honestly I don't have time to worry about pain.  Our contractor is staying at our house while he renovates and you know me, I cannot be a bad hostess.  I made a 9x13 frittata as it reheats very easily for their breakfast and my meatloaf is in the oven as he won't be here until 10 so need to get that made before he gets here as the oven will be disconnected all day.  I peeled my potatoes and might even cook them now and mash them as I have no idea if the oven plug will be available to be used by tonight.  I baked some fresh bagels already too and made a chocolate cake from scratch, no box stuff here.  They are both leaving on Thursday this time around then they will be back for a full week the next time Charlie is home so I will hopefully have enough freezer meals to last us until then.  I think I may cook a turkey with all the trimmings when I go visit family at Christmas then drag it all home.  I may as well use their kitchens while we are there. Contractor is coming back on the 27th I think he said.  It's going to take a bit longer than usual to get it done as he only comes every second week but it will get there and it gives us time to get the cabinets and flooring ordered and pick out a countertop and decide on a wall color, etc.  I want a new bay window in the kitchen to put my herbs there but I think I may get vetoed on that.  I told him if I don't get a new window then I want a full spectrum flurorescent under one cabinet so I can grow them in the kitchen since I use lots of herbs and we just don't get enough light unless I get a new window. 

I had the job of removing all the ceramic yesterday then I took the sledge hammer to the old cabinets, they are all outside in the trailer other than my one sink cabinet and it's being removed today.  I just wanted to cook up some stuff and be able to wash the dishes in a real sink before I have to start using wash basins in the tub.

Exciting day for you today Barb.  Keys and codes gone is going to make it very real  I know you still have to show up for a bit longer but that part is gone.  :)

birdiegirl
on 12/2/13 2:38 am

I dont remember the last time I made a cake from scratch....wow....and talk about a great customer.....your contractor must love you to feed him so well.....

Julia P.
on 12/2/13 1:09 am - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

So exciting, Barb!  Congrats on the new chapter of your life!

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

PepperBB
on 12/1/13 7:57 pm - Canada

Morning Everyone!

5 Weeks post-op! Down 36lbs! Its slow going...but its going LOL

Those roll-ups sound pretty amazing. I have started using this app called "Yummly" for new recipe ideas. Its great, it includes a shopping list for you to add an remove things you may need.

Also the meatloaf sounds delish! Its one of my faves.

Today is a good day, I have my Return to Work meeting, I am excited, but also kinda freaked to go back to work.

B - Protein Shake

S - Protein Shake

L - Butternut Squash Soup with ricotta

S - Sugar free Jello

D - Chilli with a tablespoon of Ricotta Cheese

S - 3 Crackers, liverwurst and laughing cow wedge

No gym today, walking to and from work to get back into my routine -

Total Calories - 600

Fat - 15g

Carbs - 45g

Protein - 74g

Any input or suggestions are always welcome!

Have a great day!

Katie H.

Referral January 2013 - Orientation at TWH March 4  -  Social Worker May 27 - Nurse Practitioner July 11 - Nutrition Class August 26 - Dietitian September 4 - Psychologist September 4, Meeting with Surgeon September 13 - Surgery October 28

Julia P.
on 12/2/13 1:11 am - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

It sounds like you're doing great - congrats!

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

Patm
on 12/1/13 8:32 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. Went to see the movie Philomena yesterday. Really good movie but very sad. Off to work shortly.

b greek yogurt, granola, blueberries

s. hummus, carrots

l turkey, cheese, tomato roll up, apple

s. protein shake with skim milk

d ham, salad

s chocolate pudding

Need to exercise tonight. Bad eating day yesterday. Bad depression kicking in . Hopefully exercise will help

Julia P.
on 12/2/13 1:10 am - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

I'm sorry to hear that things are rough, Pat.  Hopefully exercise will help!  I'm struggling with bad eating choices myself lately, too, particularly night eating!

birdiegirl
on 12/2/13 2:39 am

Pat that is the next movie I want to see.....saw 12 Years a Slave 10 days ago....I thought it was fabulous

Most Active
Recent Topics