What are you eating/doing today (Monday)

birdiegirl
on 12/2/13 5:41 pm

RNY  4 Years 8 Months Post Op

Morning

My first day of "retirement" yesterday was jammed packed.....felt good though as I like to be busy......my fridge is full of good eats....and I got lots of walking in.  Today....heading out to meet my trainer in an hour....and then off to the "one of a kind' show....havent had the time to go in years.....this should get me to my over 10,000 steps with no difficulty....taking a cooler with me today with food and water

STEPS:  11,420 and 6 staircases

EATS

Pre-workout - 2 large mugs of high test coffee

Premier protein shake

L -  5 oz of Salmon with maple spice rub

D - 5 oz Salmon with maple spice rub

1 cup of Costco's Sweet kale vegetable salad with poppy seed dressing....this is soooooo good

S - 1 cup of fresh strawberries

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories 1,090,  Carbs - 49 grams,  Fat - 53 grams,  Protein - 105 grams

All water.....more decaf coffee....and all vits

Have a great one    mail

kristaeb
on 12/2/13 8:48 pm

Congrats Barb..You sound happy, and thats what matters.kiss...I am on antibiotics for my tooth and took a pain killer last night. I wont be taking any more pain killers make me feel sick even with food ...I missed my work out last night but i am going tonight ..

B- tea and greek yogurt.

S- water melon.

L- lettuce wrap with turkey and 1 oz LF cheese.

S- home made protein bar.

D- ground chicken with some squash.

S- roasted chick peas.

Have a great Tuesday..Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

mispysmom
on 12/2/13 9:04 pm, edited 12/2/13 9:04 pm - elliot lake, Canada
Eats :) breakfast- whey isolate protien shake snack- blue berries lunch- low fat turkey, cucumber/tomato salad Supper-3/4 cup garden salad, 2oz canned light tuna all vits and all water have a grpovy day everyone!!

Amanda

libra1
on 12/2/13 9:10 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

Good morning! Today’s menu is ...

B-Oatmeal with ground flax seed

S-Premier Protein shake

L- 1% cottage cheese

D- Extra lean minced turkey and diced tomatoes

S- Premier Protein shake

Cal-647, Carbs-24, Fat-16, Protein-96, Sugar-9, Chol-119

Patm
on 12/2/13 10:01 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good Morning Barb. Sounds like a busy day. I always find walking around shows exhausting. Actually more tiring than going for a walk. Have fun. I started with one menu this morning then changed it almost completely after I looked in the fridge and decided I didn't want what I had put.

b greek yogurt, granola, blueberries

s hummus, carrots

l chicken with almond and parmesan coating with tomato sauce apple

s skim milk with protein powder

d meatloaf, cabbage salads.

s chocolate pudding

cal 1111, carb 133.4, prot 71.4

Lot of carbs but mostly from fruits and carrots

kellybelly333
on 12/2/13 10:59 pm - Toronto, Canada

Good morning,

Retirement sounds busy Barb! LOL. I'm happy for you, and I wish you well as you venture into a whole new life!

I'm feeling better these days, since Dr. Aarts put me on pantalone (I think that's how it's spelled) twice a day and that seems to be helping. She did wonder if I had an ulcer hanging about, so that would help it no?

Today I went for a little run...even though I was up at 4 a.m. (still seems that I can't sleep for more than 6 hours), I felt like I was well enough to try. It wasn't too bad.

Oh, I saw the hematologist last week, and he deduced that I shouldn't bother with the Feramax at all, because i'm not absorbing it, according to my results. So infusions twice a year until I get my girly issues straightened out.

B: protein coffee

S: goat yogurt and nsa pudding

L: chicken breast and butternut squash

S: unsure

D: unsure

I have a networking meeting tonight, not sure what the food there will be like. I'll have a late, and filling snack and then see...might have to eat after.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

(deactivated member)
on 12/2/13 11:19 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Feramax didn't bring my iron up either and I had a hysterectomy in 2008 and my iron is still low.  I switched to carbonyl iron about a month ago so will see what my blood work shows in a few months.  If you do have an ulcer that can be part of the iron problem apparently.  When my iron was really low and they knew I had had a hysterectomy, the first thing they asked was did I have an ulcer.

kellybelly333
on 12/2/13 11:43 pm - Toronto, Canada

That's interesting! Thanks Tracey! I've had iron issues for 18 months, and had a scope in that time that didn't show an ulcer...they are blaming my TOM...which is understandable...it's pretty awful. I'm hoping to get in to see a new gyno. Start with an ablation before having hysterectomy.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

(deactivated member)
on 12/2/13 11:48 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Can they scope your blind stoma*****ase there's an ulcer in there?  I was scoped from end to end and they can't find anything plus no TOM so it's a mystery as to why my iron is low.  First my B12 was low, then my ferritin went low and B12 came back and now B12 and ferritin are normal but iron is low. Feramax did bring it up a bit but still not quite normal.  I have zero symptoms of low iron so maybe that number is just normal for me, who knows.  The ablation might help.  I was offered ablation or hysterectomy and I chose hysterectomy as I didn't want to chance that the ablation wouldn't work as it doesn't for some people.

kellybelly333
on 12/3/13 12:11 am - Toronto, Canada

I'm choosing ablation first, as it's very little time off work...my work is a bit fed up with me and surgeries (if I go in on the 30th, it will be my fourth this year). You are a mystery!!

I didn't think they could see my blind stomach via scope...so I have no idea. My b12 started out low too, almost immediate after surgery, but the shots helped. Then both iron and ferritin went low 9 months out, along with my hemoglobin. Now my hemoglobin is good, but still can't get the iron and ferritin up. He doesn't think i'm absorbing it at all...so infusions. Have you had infusions?

Most Active
Recent Topics