It's back to work I go!

PepperBB
on 12/2/13 7:34 pm - Canada

Yikes! 

Im excited to go back but a little scared. I do not live too far from my work so it's nice to get in some extra cardio walking too and from work again, but I feel apprehensive for some reason. 

Did anyone else feel this, or am I just losing it? Lol

Katie

Katie H.

Referral January 2013 - Orientation at TWH March 4  -  Social Worker May 27 - Nurse Practitioner July 11 - Nutrition Class August 26 - Dietitian September 4 - Psychologist September 4, Meeting with Surgeon September 13 - Surgery October 28

Sunny123
on 12/2/13 8:41 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

I haven't had surgery yet but I can certainly understand why you'd feel that way. You've gotten yourself into a comfortable routine at home (healing and learning to be good to your new tummy). Stepping out of that comfort zone would be uncomfortable.

I am sure you will be absolutely great - you will have no troubles!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

mispysmom
on 12/2/13 8:59 pm - elliot lake, Canada
I start back next.week, but i got a phone call from my work yesterday asking me to interview for an upper manegement position tht i didnt even kno was available (so obviously i didnt apply) much better pay and way better hours!!! Hope i get it! Good luck at work!!

Amanda

Northernlightsmom
on 12/2/13 9:10 pm - Canada

Good luck on the new position!

RNY Surgery February 10th, 2014

4-Jane
on 12/2/13 9:01 pm - Canada

I found it became much easier because my schedule was set, I made sure I had options at work and my water bottle.  I was most worried about being to tired but I took it easy and got to bed at a good time, to ensure I would be well rested.  Good luck today

Respectfully Jane
Patm
on 12/2/13 10:06 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I think it is the anxiety of not knowing how you will fit your new lifestyle into your old life. I had to program my computer to remind me to have my morning snack or would work right through it. Good luck. The first week can be pretty tiring.

hibbyangel
on 12/2/13 11:08 pm, edited 12/2/13 11:09 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/17/13

I totally had anxiety about going back. I am a PSW and breaks aren't always something achievable. I thought for sure I would get dehydrated, eat something I wasn't about to tolerate and throw up everywhere.  And to my delight...NONE of this has happened. Mind you i play it safe and bring things to work I know will not make me sick..that I can eat fairly quickly (within my  break time)and move on. Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics