Post op and HOME!

pugalootz
on 12/4/13 11:38 am - Canada

Hi all.....RNY all done!  Dr Hagen was awesome and the recovery in hospital was easier than I expected. The gas pain was hard, but for whatever reason I only needed, and continue to only need, children's tylenol to feel comfortable.  My biggest problem was sleeping in the hospital at night with all the noise and the requisite lumpy bed and flat pillows.  Ok, ok I realize it's not a hotel! lol

Care was great,  no complaints, and I'm a total hospital snob!  I have to say HRRH impressed me.  As a healthcare worker I have high expectations and I wouldn't hesitate to go there again for surgery.  My night nurse was probably one of the best I've ever had.  

Being home is tough.  Trying to figure out what to "eat" and when and how much is frustrating because I can't fit it all in! 

If anyone has any palatable ideas for crushed meds I'd love to hear it!   AND I'm so thirsty!  I just want to gulp a huge glass of ice water!!

Hennagirliegirl
on 12/4/13 12:22 pm - Canada

Congratulations, glad to hear all went well.

Terri

Test

JJ_
on 12/4/13 3:53 pm

Congrats and welcome to the bench.  Glad to hear that you are doing so well.  I hear you about the thirst issue.  I loved crushed ice.  I found that sucking on crushed ice kept my mouth moist and the gradual drip of swallowing did not bother my new incisions or re-routing.

Good luck!  (as to the crushed meds, applesauce may be your best friend).

Judy

kristaeb
on 12/4/13 9:29 pm

Congrats. I crushed my pills in a pill crusher and mixed them in apple sauce with a bit of splenda. And just keep sipping your water, i knows it hard and you want a big drink, but sip sip sip..kiss...Good luck..Krista.

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Catw
on 12/4/13 9:53 pm - Arnprior, Canada

Congrats!  As for when to eat, do a schedule, and don't expect to "eat" a lot for a while.

As for crushed meds, applesauce or yogurt are a couple choices.  I even googled it when I needed to crush them, the suggestions were not viable as they were high in sugar.  One thing I didn't try was to suck on ice or something then take it in applesauce.  Might numb the tongue from the taste.  They say to do that with liquid meds if you don't like the taste of them.  You could put them in a drink, but then it's being sure that you get all the meds when you can't drink that fast.

Cathy

nmcgreen
on 12/6/13 9:43 am - Canada

I have a whole new respect for people I have to crush pills for! This too shall pass

November 27th Referral sent. January Group orientation. April 10th Nurse . May 21st Nutrition and Behavior. May 24 Ultrasound. June 26th Group. July 16 Surgeon Surgery August 22

Most Active
Recent Topics