Feeling under-prepared

Katiebear291
on 12/3/13 11:51 pm - Canada
RNY on 12/10/13

Ok so surgery date is in 6 days.  I have been counting down to this date for 6 months and it is just about here but I feel like my house isn't ready.

Maybe it is just because the fridge is EMPTY but I feel like I don't have everything stocked in the house that I may need....

What do you suggest having on hand for the 1st few weeks post op -

So Far I have:

Cream of wheat, premiere protein shakes, SF pudding mix, all the vitamins I could possibly think of, SF jello (even though I hate jello), broth/stock, protein powder in 3 flavors.

That can't possibly be enough to keep me through the 1st week right? What am i missing (can't have any dairy or egg due to IBS)

RNY  - December 10 2013 Dr Lindsay Toronto's Saint Joseph Hospital Toronto

Patm
on 12/3/13 11:55 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Sounds like you are very prepared. It is just part of the anxiety kicking in. Try to relax. I am sure you will ace this.

Katiebear291
on 12/4/13 12:24 am - Canada
RNY on 12/10/13

Thank you, it is nice to be reassured. I am having total anxiety even though I know I can send people out for any groceries I need. Also have a toddler that I feel I have little food for but all she eats is tofu cucumber and broccoli which is crazy for a 2 and a half year old but whatever. Maybe I just need I do a big shop to feel I have stuff in the house >.

kristaeb
on 12/4/13 1:25 am

LF cream soup you can have. I know i had WAY too much waiting for me when i got home. When you see how little you will be eating it should help.. I had to learn not to buy so many groceries because lots went to waste. I had to wait for my head to grasp the fact that i dont need that much food lol..You will do great hun...I am excited for you..kissKrista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Katie M.
on 12/4/13 12:04 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

For the first week I mostly ate cream soups - can you eat those with IBS? Otherwise it sounds like you are totally prepared! I had more leftover tidbits in the fridge the first two weeks - a can of soup would last for days and days. So even though the fridge looks empty you probably have more than enough :) Try and relax and enjoy the last few days before surgery!

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

Katiebear291
on 12/4/13 12:19 am - Canada
RNY on 12/10/13

Cream stuff just tends to give me the runs but maybe I will pick up a few anyways - what about tomato soup and v8 - I thought it would probably be too acidic on a healing tummy. 

Did anyone try these during full fluids?

Katie M.
on 12/4/13 12:23 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

I had tomato soup on about the sixth day with no issues, before that I was eating cream of mushroom. Not sure about V8, I've never liked it so not sure about whether it's ok or not :) 

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

Anastasia_Marie
on 12/4/13 12:22 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 11/20/13

No to v8 - at least according to my center and surgeon. Tomoto soup you can have tho. I also had pea soup all blended up so it was a full fluid soup

Katiebear291
on 12/4/13 2:26 am - Canada
RNY on 12/10/13

A at orientation at hrrh they have is a sample menu and items you can have or each phase and v8 was on there bu*****pically gives me heartburn so I think I will avoid it anyways.

was that a green pea soup or a split pea soup? Split pea is my favorite but typically very high in fat with all the lard they use in the canned ones.  Do oyu remember what brand if you found a good one within our guidelines?

val60
on 12/4/13 1:16 am - oshawa, Canada

I thought that you could only drink they protein drinks

val

referral Oct 2013,orientation Nov 25 2013, 1st  surgeon Dr Huyan  appt dec 10 2013, had blood work today dietitian Mar 10 8am ,social worker march 10 9 am,Nurse Clinican 10 am

Most Active
Recent Topics