I lost my boobs :( I want plastics now....

sublimechick
on 12/4/13 11:19 pm - Canada

Hello Friends!!

I am 5 months post  op now, and 97 lbs down. But I am a little sad because lost a lot of my boobs!!!!

Before it was not a big deal. But every couple lbs I lose, it seems I only lose it off that area and I feel they do not match my body, and feel less feminine *cue the feminist remarks.....lol* Not just the size, but they look deflated and disgusting to me as I lose, the shape keeps getting worse. I am only 29 and I feel I have small saggy boobs that look like they belong to an 60 year old. My boyfriend says he does not care and loves me anyway so this is completely my feelings and decision if I do choose this route.

I am seriously debating on have a Beast Lift + Implants in a year or two once I am finished the weight loss. I spoke to a surgeon in my area and he priced it at around $10,000 ish total. I wonder if this is reasonable? As I would really have to save and scrounge and it better be worth it lol. 

Have any of you felt this way at all after WLS?

Did any of you get this procedure done? 

Referral sent Sept 2012 -Info Session -January 7 2013.  Surgeon (Dr. Huynh-HRRH) February 5 2013. Dr. Glazer, Nurse, SW and NUT -> March 25 2013, May 1st, Surgeon, Patts-June 6. SURGERY JUNE 26 2013!! 100 lbs gone in 4 months!

Mary A.
on 12/4/13 11:24 pm

you may want to "try" obtaining the procedure through OHIP, I had a consult and was told that if I was willing to go down one cup size she would be able to do the surgery. 

I didn't submit a request for this procedure, as I was more concerned about my mid section.  It's worth a try...all they can do is say no.  If you have had rashes or infections under your breasts because of the sagging and have that documented in a medical file that could also help your case.

good luck

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

sublimechick
on 12/4/13 11:32 pm - Canada

wow thanks so much for your advise!! I did not know that and that is very interesting.

I will check more into this....hmmmm

Referral sent Sept 2012 -Info Session -January 7 2013.  Surgeon (Dr. Huynh-HRRH) February 5 2013. Dr. Glazer, Nurse, SW and NUT -> March 25 2013, May 1st, Surgeon, Patts-June 6. SURGERY JUNE 26 2013!! 100 lbs gone in 4 months!

Jessica S.
on 12/4/13 11:33 pm - Ottawa, Canada

I totally understand but I just want a lift, I haven't lost that much boobs but they look deflated, i just want perky boobs lol. It sucks that the breast are 3/4 fat, damn you boobies. I told my fiance that was the one thing I would pay to have done. He doesn't care either but I don't like them falling to the side when I lie down makes me look flat.

sublimechick
on 12/4/13 11:42 pm - Canada

YESSSS!!!!!!!!!! When I lay down I am almost completely flat and they fall to the side lol....what little I have left anyway. And I am scared cause I am 200 lbs so I still plan on losing at least 35 lbs or so, and it will only get worse. SUCKS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I had a lot of money so this decision would be easy and just go get it done lol. 

Did you see the last comment? She said you may qualify for a lift covered from OHIP!! If you can prove it hurts your back or get rashes? Since you still have breasts you wouldn't need the implants and maybe can get that covered? Would you consider? I WOULD! hahahah

Mary A.
on 12/4/13 11:53 pm

I am not sure what the FULL criteria is for breast lift/augmentation or whatever the proper term is because like I said I didn't ask my PS to submit for that as I was concentrating on approval for a pannliectomy.

I was initially denied and then appealed and after going through that process I was approved.  For my case because of the denial...i took almost an entire year from the time of seeing my PS to having my denial overturned, many people on this board are approved right off the bat and some are not approved at all..  I mean all you need is a referral from a doctor to a plastic surgeon, they take the photos (not all PS take photos) and make the submission to OHIP.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary

sublimechick
on 12/5/13 2:37 am - Canada

OH REALLY?!?!? Thank you sooooooooooo much for this info cause I had NO IDEA how this worked. I wil def look into the tummy one next year....and if i can save enough I will go for the boobs but I guess id have to win the lotto or something lol . sucks

Mary A.
on 12/5/13 2:47 am, edited 12/5/13 2:47 am

here is the actual blurb/description from the MInistry of Health & Long Term website  (re pannilectomy)...I don't know what it states re: breast

[PDF] Appendix D - Ontario

www.health.gov.on.ca/english/providers/program/ohip/.../append.pdf Appendix D April 1, 2012 ..... Panniculectomy is only insured in the following cir****tances and when ... approval of the General Manager of OHIP is required.

SUB-SURFACE PATHOLOGY

16. Excision of excess fatty tissue and/or skin
a. Panniculectomy is only insured in the following cir****tances and when prior authorization of payment is obtained from the MOHLTC:
i. where there is significant associated symptomatology related to the pannus;
ii. where the pannus extends to a level below the pubis symphysis; and
iii. where the patient’s weight has been stable for a minimum of 6 months when panniculectomy is requested in relation to weight loss.

b. Excision of excess fatty tissue and/or skin other than for panniculectomy is not an insured service.

Examples of Clinical symptology includes significant pain, chronic skin breakdown and recurrent cellulitis and/or ulcers

Mary

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/13 1:49 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

OHIP doesn't cover a lift alone.  You need to require a reduction to get the lift paid for as well.  Since you want to get implants then it is all self pay.  I was quoted $11k for lift and cohesive gel implants. Lift alone is not covered by OHIP either so the only ones that can take advantage of possibly get coverage are those that need a reduction for medical reasons then they get the lift done with it.

Donna E.
on 12/4/13 11:54 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 08/16/12
Price seems a bit high. If your near Toronto, try Dr. D.Martin on Keele.st. I just did my plastics with him. He did a good job and price was great.

Most Active
Recent Topics