Can't stop pooing

Mandalious
on 12/5/13 11:43 am - Canada
RNY on 12/03/13

I don't know if this is my way of passing this horrible gas. But I'm just home from hospital and dr hagen said I was a txt book procedure.

but not I'm home and I'm pooing like nuts. I have to go immediately. I'm not noticing it in immediately after drinking or taking anything. 

Maybe TMI but it is just liquid dark water w various solids. Anyone else experience this? My surgery was on Tuesday. 

Also im so sleepy.. Can't sleep. It making me frustrated running to poo and having a couple accidents and dying to sleep :( 

Referral May 17 '13 / Orientation June 17 '13 / Meeting w Dr Hagen June 26 '13 / RN,RD,SW July 31 '13 / Dr.Glazer Sept 3 '13/ Sleep Study Sept 5 '13 /2nd app w Dr Hagen Sept 16 '13 / F/U w  Dr Glazer  Sept 23 '13 / PRATTS Nov 14 '13/ Surgery Dec 3rd '13

zillah
on 12/5/13 12:23 pm

I'm having surgery Dec. 12 so I can't help you with your problem but I am sorry to hear that your having problems.  Your body is probably trying to rid itself of left over residue from your surgery.  It will probably stop soon but if your worried give your clinic a call.

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/13 1:12 pm

I am so sorry you are going thru this, not sure why, but be very careful you do not get dehydrated. I would suggest to call your clinic tomorrow or if it gets any worse maybe go to emerg. I hope you feel better. 

Zizzler
on 12/5/13 1:13 pm

Glad to hear your surgery went well.  Hope your poop calms down for you soon.  

kathycantwait
on 12/5/13 2:39 pm - Canada
I am 3 weeks post op tomorrow, all I have done for the last 3 weeks is go to the bathroom and sleep. I sometimes wonder if that's the body's way of getting rid of the fat, if I had known it would be like this I would have bought stock in toilet paper!
Good luck to you,
Kathy

kayakgirl
on 12/5/13 8:54 pm - Canada

According to my NP we all react so uniquely to the abdominal trauma of surgery and our intestines are the place where it shows the most. I have also had weirdness with BMs.  My issues are improving as I near 2 weeks out. Call your centre. Mine was very sympathetic and helpful with me and not at all bothered by my call.

Initial referral: March 21, 2013; Orientation: April 26, 2013 (OWMC); Nurse Practitioner: July 10, 2013; Nut/Beh: July 15, 2013; Pre-op Class: September 18, 2013; Internist: September 18, 2013; Surgeon: October 1, 2013; Surgery: November 25, 2013 (Dr. Yelle)

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/13 8:59 pm

congrats on the textbook surgery!  So happy for you! :)

is there a number you can call to a hospital nurse to run this by them?

as others have said, everyone is different.  they pump so much junk in us during that proceedure our bodies have to get it out somehow.  that being said, remember that those responding probably aren't medical professionals and the only one who can give you a definitive answer would be someone at your bariatric clinic.

give them a call today (Friday) and see what they say.  if you need to talk, feel free to message me (i'm home today).  

Again - congrats and fast healing. :)

Patm
on 12/5/13 10:48 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Take something to stop the diarrhea . Your centre should be able to suggest something. Unfortunately my problem was the opposite.

Anastasia_Marie
on 12/5/13 10:48 pm - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 11/20/13

I was the same way until I started taking in more solid food. Now everything is normal. 

Nerak
on 12/6/13 12:19 pm - Canada

I had a day maybe on day 4 or 5 when I spent the day going to the bathroom and was so surprised I had it in me! LOL 

Nerak

Surgery date is Oct. 17th, 2013 in Ottawa. I was referred to the clinic in September 2012. The person performing my surgery is Dr Amy Neville. 

Most Active
Recent Topics