hallow feeling in stomach w/ some nausea?

(deactivated member)
on 12/6/13 3:38 pm

Wondering if this rings any bells for anyone.

I get this some times.  Am thinking it means hunger -- but i have tried to fill it with food and it only got worse (perhaps i tried the wrong foods?),

Any suggestions as to what this might be and how to deal with it would be appreciated.

I really think I need to keep a food log -- it feels like i am eating, but when i think really hard i realize that i really haven't eaten that much all day ... even when i add it all up.

Thanks ...

Katie M.
on 12/6/13 9:59 pm - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

I was getting the same thing for awhile and my nutritionist said it's most likely dehydration. Try drinking more water and see if that helps. I found water upset my stomach even more, but eventually the hollow feeling and nausea went away as I kept my water level up.

I definitely recommend keeping a food log - it's so much easier to keep track of your protein that way and it helps me remember to eat as well, as I can go all day and not eat a thing and then I wonder why I feel so crappy. I have MyFitnessPal on my phone and it's a lifesaver!

Hope your stomach feels better soon!

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

(deactivated member)
on 12/7/13 12:16 am

Thanks Katie -- i spoke with the nurse at TWH today and she said i may need a scope just to rule out any potential issues (ulcer).  

i am starting to think that maybe the foods i have been eating over the past weeks as i have been transitioning to soft food may also be playing a role (increase carb foods -- wraps, crackers).  i am going to stop all carbs this weekend and see if the symptoms go away.  prior to surgery i had issues with carbs as it brought on heart burn bad.  i guess i thought since i am only eating a small amount it wouldn't bother me --- but maybe it will?  i went to a hockey game last night and ate crackers for the first time.  then woke up at 1 am with this feeling.  wondering if the crackers (carbs) are the cause of how i feel today.

Katie M.
on 12/7/13 7:45 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Yikes, yeah it does sound like more than dehydration! I really hope it's not an ulcer, that wouldn't be fun :( 

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

new_me180
on 12/7/13 2:41 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

I have the same problem right now minus the nausea. As you know, I'm suffering from an ulcer and no matter what I eat or drink, I still feel hungry all the time and have pain. Recently my doctor changed my meds from prevacid to tecta and I'm already noticing the difference. Maybe you are hungry, as you said, you realize that you haven't eaten much all day. I called my dietician as I was having the same problems and she told me I have to make more of an effort to eat most of my meals and whatever I didn't finish, add it to the next meal coz if your not eating or drinking enough, you will get the hollow feeling and nausea. Maybe try eating every two hours instead of three and make a conscious effort to eat most of your meals. Good luck, hope you feel well soon.

(deactivated member)
on 12/7/13 4:27 am

well i just had some chili and as soon as i was done i still ended up having the same feeling.  DAMNIT!!  i so hope and pray that i do not have an ulcer!! :((((

(deactivated member)
on 12/7/13 10:41 am

thanks woman -- no, i really think it is an acid issue.  the discomfort is in my breastbone area.  it has something to do with acid for sure.  i will have to wait until monday to see if i can get some quick resolution to this issue.  we will see.

thanks again -- how is your ulcer doing anyway?  i guess you will be on the medication forever then?

Most Active
Recent Topics