YES! I am back to work!

Dar_Mab
on 12/16/13 10:26 pm - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Well, I had full clearance from surgeon last week to come back to work so today is my 2nd day.  Absolutely buried in emails and feel like a "deer in the headlight" as I have no clue what is going on yet in all the projects I am connected to (but that will come) !  But I do feel great!    Still have to see a nurse daily to pack the infection wound - likely another 2 weeks - but that is well on the mend as well.       Not hut tub and no swimming yet.

My daughter was teasing me that if I watched one more of those Christmas movies, I would become brain dead.       I did watch an awful lot of them.  Certainly not Academy Winning performances but what else could, I do, besides read, for 4 weeks??!!!!!   

So with clearance to go back to work, also came the clearance to resume my full exercise routine which also makes me feel better.  Back into my treadmill, rowing, squats, abs, weights, etc.    Good news is I didn't gain any weight while off even though I wasn't exercising so I must have had the right intake.  Didn't lose any either.   I am technically where I want to be although I will aim for another 5- 10 to account for bounce back.   I am 9 months out as of end of last week so I still have lots of time to try and lose that extra 10 lbs.     

I completed all my Christmas shopping last Friday . I hate crowds, stores and parking lots this time of year.  So this coming weekend will be my wrapping party but at least I am done.   Yeah!  

Dar

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

Needanewbeginning
on 12/16/13 10:50 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

So glad to hear your feeling better and back to work. Sorry you have had all this to deal with.

keep well my friend. 

Annetteangry

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Patm
on 12/17/13 12:25 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I am so glad you are feeling up to going back to work. I am also glad you can exercise again. Hopefully this will be the beginning of better things.

I agree about the movies. You can almost go into diabetic shock they are so sugary sweet!

Hope your Christmas is awesome you deserve some god Karma

LilyBugsMommy
on 12/17/13 12:28 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

Yay! Glad to hear you back to both work and exercise :) They can both make you feel good!

Nice to have all of your shopping done. I have a couple of little things to pick up and then I am finished too....then on to the wrapping, lol!

Have a great Christmas!!

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

Hennagirliegirl
on 12/17/13 12:39 am - Canada

Super news! Enjoy the integration back to life!

Terri

Test

stickyvicki
on 12/17/13 1:03 am

GREAT NEWS!!!!

Caroline K.
on 12/17/13 1:20 am

Congratulations on getting back into the groove!

Sunny123
on 12/17/13 3:53 am
RNY on 12/05/13

It always feels good getting back to the norm! So happy to hear you're feeling better!!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Zizzler
on 12/17/13 8:39 am

So happy to hear you are feeling better after such a tough time.  And you are feeling better just in time for the holidays - super awesome.  Way to go!

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

RidingFan
on 12/17/13 10:04 am - Ajax, Canada
RNY on 04/29/13

Glad to hear that you are finishing this year on a high note...it certainly had its ups and downs for you.   All the best for 2014 

Referred HRRH Apr.  2012, Info. Session: Sept 12/12, Surgeon Consult: Dr L Smith Sept 19/12,  RD/SW/RN/ Nov 19/12.  Surgery Date:  April 29, 2013

Most Active
Recent Topics