pureed to minced

TammyS74
on 12/28/13 12:38 am - Canada

I can use any advice anyone has for the pureed to minced stage.  What should i try first?  How should I prepare it?  I have eaten chicken and  ground beef pureed with no problems......i just dnt know whats nest to start with

Surgery Date: December 6 2013 Humber River Regional Hospital Dr. Sohi  

daisies109
on 12/28/13 10:19 am
I'm 6month weeks out and found that flakes of tuna, chicken, and ham were the easiest for me to tolerate when changing from puree to minced. I used 1-2 tablespoons of fat free mayo or low fat tatziki. .what ever is appealing to you and your new pouch. Best of luck

Daisies

daisies109
on 12/28/13 10:21 am
6 weeks.. not months

Daisies

TammyS74
on 12/30/13 12:51 am - Canada

Thanks Daises, so do I have to find a low fat version of flakes of ham or just the regular maple leaf flakes of ham would be fine?  I usually use the no name mayo "irresistible" or "selection" i think they have a lite version i should use that right?  About 1/2 a can at a sitting?    Tuna in water no problem ... I am just so scared to move to minced.  I was thinking like homemade soups and stews kind of stuff what do you think??

daisies109
on 12/30/13 9:42 am
I have tended to look for the lower fat options,but I'm not sure how high in fat the regular ones are. Same with the mayo..I've used Hellmans reduced fat mayo with no problem. I can tolerate half a can most days...just take small bits...things like chicken a la king without the noodles..chili...making a meat and gravy sauce has also helped with the transition. The key for me has been finding food combinations that are appealing have been helpful in eating. Best of luck!

Daisies

TammyS74
on 12/31/13 1:11 am - Canada

Thanks Daisies!

Most Active
Recent Topics