Is it Just me?

Katie M.
on 1/3/14 8:38 pm - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

I felt exactly the same way! It wasn't until I was walking down the hall towards the OR that I started to get nervous. I was just so sure of my decision, so excited to finally have a tool that could help me change my life... I wasn't scared of the changes or anything. I was just raring to go :) You might get nervous when Opti starts but don't worry if you don't. I think at this point anything you feel/don't feel is normal! I was a mega ***** on Opti but no nerves at all ;)

I was the same as you, more worried about the mountain of work I'd have once I got back!

Good luck when you start Opti next week :)

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

Jiliana2
on 1/5/14 9:46 pm - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

I am feeling much the same way. Calm. Relaxed. Eager even to get this part of the process completed.

My surgery is Feb. 3 and I start Opti next week (Jan. 13) for three weeks... while in Florida on vacation. That might be the interesting part! Nevertheless, I feel no need to go out "one last time" for dinner or have any food funerals or anything of the sort. It's life. Life goes on and I am ready to ensure I make the best choices for me and my future.

It's time. And like you, I've spent a long time preparing for this. I'm determined and ready. Bring it on!

Wishing you lots of luck as you handl the Opti and get ready for your next steps. It's so exciting, isn't it?!

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

Most Active
Recent Topics