Hospital bag!!!

Yoyo4life
on 1/2/14 10:36 am - Brampton, Canada
RNY on 01/08/14

Hey all was just making a list to start packing my hospital bag(having surgery in 5 days) and wanted to make sure I got everything I will need for a 2 night stay...what did those of you who had your surgery already bring with you???

Referral sent: Aug/30/2013 Orientation: September/24/2013 Nurse Appointment: September/30/2013 Social worker Appointment: October/7/2013 Psychologist Appointment:Oct/11/13 Dietician Appointment:Oct/21/13 Nutrition Class: Oct/29/2013 Surgeons Appointment: Nov/22/2013 PATTS: December/13/2013 Surgery date: January/08/2014

highlandbear
on 1/2/14 11:06 am - Canada

tissues, lip balm, slippers, house coat, book, toothbrush, tooth paste, soap,real loose clothes to wear home nothing tight. some people will say pillows but I know some hospitals do not want pillows brought in due to the problem of bed bugs.

Katie M.
on 1/2/14 11:10 am, edited 1/2/14 11:11 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

I brought loose fitting pj bottoms, a big t shirt, a zip up sweater, underwear, toothbrush & toothpaste, face wash & a face cloth, my ipod & headphones, a charger for my phone, a few magazines, my cpap machine (very important!) and a pair of flats to wear walking around the halls. I also brought my tablet, but I didn't even take it or my ipod out of my bag. I did use my phone a fair bit though. I wore the hospital gown the first day and then was able to change in to my pj's and just went home in those. 

Things I wish I'd had - chapstick & another elastic for my hair because the one I had broke.

Good luck during surgery, you're almost in the home stretch now!!

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

Miera
on 1/2/14 11:43 am - Toronto, Canada

I took ver comfortable clothing.  A couple pairs of jogging pants, tshirt, hoodie, socks, robe, slippers....anything to make you feel comfortable.  I would bring your iPod and laptop if you have them, magazines and a good book.   

Good luck.  Think positive.

miera

4-Jane
on 1/2/14 1:26 pm, edited 1/2/14 1:26 pm - Canada

Hair brush, tooth brush, slippers warm jamas actually wore yoga sweets and a sweat shirt that I wore back to the hotel as well. Chap stick hand cream, face clothes and baby wipes.  TWH had lockers and I had a small lock that I did use, to keep my ipad and purse in.  I also brought an extra blanket a soft bamboo one that is warm and comforting as well.  Five days left that will fly by.

ps some say place you lip balm in a zip lock bag so it does not roll onto the floor

Respectfully Jane
deemags
on 1/3/14 9:42 am - maple, Canada

Hi Jane,

I am having my surgery on jan 20th at TWH you mention the lockers  i was wondering were you able to lock your stuff up before the surgery?  Did you have to bring your own lock?

Thanks

Danielle

My surgery date is January 20th at TWH  Dr Penner -

Yoyo4life
on 1/2/14 1:39 pm - Brampton, Canada
RNY on 01/08/14

Thanks so much you all your advise was greatly appreciated i will definitely do all that was posted here...Thanks

Referral sent: Aug/30/2013 Orientation: September/24/2013 Nurse Appointment: September/30/2013 Social worker Appointment: October/7/2013 Psychologist Appointment:Oct/11/13 Dietician Appointment:Oct/21/13 Nutrition Class: Oct/29/2013 Surgeons Appointment: Nov/22/2013 PATTS: December/13/2013 Surgery date: January/08/2014

LiLi_is_ready
on 1/2/14 10:10 pm - Beeton, Canada
RNY on 01/08/14

thanks for asking that question...was gonna ask the same thing but you beat me to it...best of luck on wednesday surgery buddy!

Starting weight 262.0    Surgery day weight 243.8

kan7525
on 1/2/14 10:29 pm - Springfield, MO

I  had surgery on monday. I used very little while in the hospital. Ear plugs, chapstick, biotene mouthwash,  were the most  useful pack light!!  

~Kimberly

Sometimes life is about risking everything for a dream no one can see but you.

Hennagirliegirl
on 1/2/14 11:16 pm - Canada

Same as Kimberly, I took very little. I wore the clothes I went in back home and wore hospital gowns while in. Toothpaste/ brush and sandals to walk around in. Didn't feel like reading and didn't want to take my ipad ... Things go missing. 

Good luck, you must be getting so excited!

Terri

Test

Most Active
Recent Topics