Twisted bowl? Hernia?

CdnGal
on 1/3/14 1:52 am - Canada

Good afternoon!  I haven't been on here for awhile... I had gastric bypass in Ottawa 3 1/2 years ago with no problems.  I have lost over 100 pounds, exercise and eat well.  This past summer I was bending over and had an excruciating pain on my left side.  It seems to come and go but today while I was driving I itched my foot and again the pain is there.  I seem to cramp up and I am in tears with the pain.  My dh taking me to KGh right now.   He is worried and wants answers.  Any ideas as to what it could be??

CdnGal
on 1/3/14 1:57 am - Canada

Ok I really need to change my profile picture...

Catw
on 1/3/14 1:58 am - Arnprior, Canada

Unfortunately, it could be anything.  Definitely get it checked out.  Make sure that they know you had surgery, and where/with who.  If they have questions, they may want to know who to consult with.  It may not even be related to your surgery.  It could be something else entirely.  Let us know what they say.

Cathy

mispysmom
on 1/3/14 3:19 am - elliot lake, Canada
my brother had numerous bowel reconstruction surgeries due to cancer, he now has twisted bowels as well as a hernia...its very painful, but he seems to be in discomfort all the time...perhaps u pulled a muscle, sounds fummy eh? but i did tht after getting my.tubes tied, bent down to pet my dog and tht was it outta commision for twp weeks, in excurciating pain, had tp get the dh tp help me go to the washroom tmi i kno but thts how bad it was.....keep us posted!!

Amanda

CdnGal
on 1/3/14 4:10 am - Canada

The pain is gone now it is just tender on my side but my dh won't let me leave the hospital :( grrrr.  Anyway I told him that I would leave after 4 hrs.  He just wAnts me to get it looked after once and for all.

CdnGal
on 1/3/14 7:07 am - Canada

They think it's a small hernia.  I plan to have my dr. Request Ottawa for me to go back and if needed have the repair done there.

Moselle
on 1/3/14 11:38 pm - Athens, Canada

Good to see you posting but unfortunate that it's because you aren't feeling well. I think it's a good idea to make an appointment with the clinic in Ottawa and let them determine what needs to be done.  Glad that for now the pain has past.

I would really love to see you sometime. Do you ever hear from Wendy?  I would be happy to meet you and or both of you for coffee. It would be nice to catch up.

I hope that you get to the bottom of this problem and that you have a healthy and happy 2014.

Hugs, Muriel

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

Most Active
Recent Topics