Salad and portion sizes

PepperBB
on 1/5/14 7:04 am - Canada

Hi, 

So I am now on the regular food plan and I am trying my best to plan out my meals, but portion size is looming over me. I have been sticking to 1/2 cup per meal. Is this right?

I was thinking of soup and salad for lunch tomorrow, but 1/4 cup of salad? Lol 

I know it sounds silly, but I am always second guessing myself when it comes to portion size.

Thanks!

Katie

Katie H.

Referral January 2013 - Orientation at TWH March 4  -  Social Worker May 27 - Nurse Practitioner July 11 - Nutrition Class August 26 - Dietitian September 4 - Psychologist September 4, Meeting with Surgeon September 13 - Surgery October 28

Mary Gee
on 1/5/14 11:56 am

Rather than stressing out, why not use measuring cups and a scale to solve the problem.  

I'm sure it will become routine after a while - don't sweat it.

Still learning.  Currently in pre-op stage.

4-Jane
on 1/6/14 11:26 am - Canada

If were trying to sick to a half cup I would purée the salad until I knew how much I was able to eat ie chewed up that would not equal  half of a half.

my center is hoping that I would be eating closer to a cup at a time

i had a spinach salad once for dinner and was upset with myself for not following the rules regarding protein, some have simplified it to three bites of protein for one bite of other foods like salad, vegetables or fruit.

feeling bad after did not take away the fact that was the best salad I remember tasting, so enjoy your lunch Kate 

Respectfully Jane
PepperBB
on 1/6/14 11:31 am - Canada

Lol thanks! Sounds good to me. 

Katie H.

Referral January 2013 - Orientation at TWH March 4  -  Social Worker May 27 - Nurse Practitioner July 11 - Nutrition Class August 26 - Dietitian September 4 - Psychologist September 4, Meeting with Surgeon September 13 - Surgery October 28

Most Active
Recent Topics