surgery tomorrow and...

LiLi_is_ready
on 1/7/14 6:06 am - Beeton, Canada
RNY on 01/08/14

im terrified...Its like i have forgotten everything I had thought i was prepared to do. what am i looking to go thru as far as routine goes..my anxiety has been thru the roof today and i feel its not getting better. please help!

Starting weight 262.0    Surgery day weight 243.8

(deactivated member)
on 1/7/14 6:17 am

Oh, Im sorry you  are feeling this way. Take some deep breaths. Remember you are doing this surgery for YOU!! What you are going to go thru will be worth every second to be healthy. Just remember you have alot of people pulling for you. Also there is an expression I use alot .... Dont trouble trouble, until trouble troubles you. You will be fine!! Just keep deep breathing, and think this time tomorrow your surgery is done and your new life begins!!! Huge Hugs!!!!

Leafchick17
on 1/7/14 6:57 am
RNY on 04/14/14

Oh no, you are going to do great!  You have been waiting for this moment, it is finally your time to start a new chapter of your life.  These doctors are fantastic, you are in very good hands.  I haven't had the surgery, yet, but I can totally see where you are coming from.  However, read the many posts on here about how people love their new life and know that you are doing a great thing for yourself and your health.  Keep positive, keep breathing.  One foot in front of the other - you are going to do great!!  I'm sending all my positive energy your way.

Orientation Hamilton: July 22, 2013 Ultrasound: December 18, 2013 Bloodwork/ECG: January 29, 2014 Nutritionist/Social Worker/RN: February 12, 2014 Gastroscopy: March 4, 2014 Internist: March 6, 2014 Surgeon: March 13, 2014 (cancelled by clinic) Echocardiogram: March 19, 2014 Rescheduled Surgeon: April 1, 2014 SURGERY: April 14/14

Catw
on 1/7/14 7:19 am - Arnprior, Canada

Don't worry about being this anxious it's normal.  It's always scary when you are about to do a big change.

You will be fine tomorrow, and we'll see you on the bench when you wake up.  You are ready for this, I know you are.

Cathy

S_Tucker1
on 1/7/14 8:07 am

I felt exactly like you did the day before my surgery. I know exactly how you feel. I'm now 6 weeks post op- you will not regret your decision. The doctors know what they are doing and they will take good care of you. You're going to come out on the other side and you'll be awesome and on your way to skinny-ville!!  Sure- things may be tough but the benefits of having the surgery far outweigh not having the surgery. 

Try to occupy your mind with something else and don't dwell on the negative. It helped me a lot. 

Dr. Referral- Aug 2012, Orientation- March 2013, Psych/Nut & Gastroscopy- Sept 2013, Internist & Social Work- Nov 6, 2013...

Zizzler
on 1/7/14 8:20 am

Lili - congratulations on making it to surgery day, you are doing awesome!  I still have days where I am totally freaked out and I am pre-op and nowhere near surgery.  As others have said it is so normal to be freaking out. My advice is to keep your brain/body busy until its is surgery time and before you know it you will be all done and ready to start losing weight and feeling lighter.  Good luck and let us know how your days goes tomorrow....

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

KerryF.
on 1/7/14 8:36 am - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

Lis....... You are ready just like your login name says!!

Talk to you tomorrow when you are on the other side of surgery and on the bench broken heart

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

suzycuetoronto
on 1/7/14 8:46 am
RNY on 02/03/14

Good luck and let us know how it goes. 

My date is coming up and I know how u feel.

Hennagirliegirl
on 1/7/14 8:58 am - Canada

I think it would be odd not to be somewhat nervous. i'm very excited for you.

See you on the bench, we'll have it all warmed up for you!

Cheers

Terri

Test

Crystal82
on 1/7/14 9:50 pm - Canada
RNY on 01/06/14
Oh honey good luck today! You will do fantastic! Just think positive! I'm leaving today wish I knw what u looked like I'd come down and see u before u go!

Surgery January 6, 2014!

Most Active
Recent Topics