Kinda OT - My 600lb Life...

hmtmomof4
on 1/8/14 4:55 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/13

Did anyone watch the season 2 premier last night??

I am shocked at Zsalynn's husband! What an incosiderate person!! He picks her up from the hospital after her bypass surgery and stops at Burger King on the way home....taunting her with the food, telling her to hold his burger.  As if that wasn't bad enough when she asks for a salad for dinner he tells her if she wants grass she can go outside and graze in the garden!  I feel sooooo bad for her! She wants this surgery to work so badly, but I can see her husband sabotaging all of her efforts.  I hope she stays strong for her daughter!!  I feel so happy and blessed to have family that supports me in this process.  The best thing she can do is leave that monster.  I fear that he will cause her to go back to her old eating habits.....truly sad! :-(

Anyone else watch???

Referral Sent: Jan. 2013, Orientation: Mar. 2013, Social Worker: Jun. 2013 Nurse: Jul. 2013, Nutrition Class: Aug. 2013, Dietician: Aug. 2013, Psych: Aug 2013  Surgeon: Oct. 2013, PATTS: Nov. 2013 SURGERY: Nov. 7th 2013!!!

Zavz
on 1/8/14 5:14 am - Canada

I was horrified watching it. If that is what he is like when the cameras role what is he like day to day. And did you notice he got TWO BURGERS.  Didn't even bother to call her till days after the surgery!!!  I would like and update of how she is doing now.  He is totally going to mess up his daughter.  

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/14 5:17 am

it's all good reality TV. No one would watch it otherwise. I despise reality TV just for that particular reason and don't even have cable because that's all they have on TV now

Zizzler
on 1/8/14 6:23 am

Ya, I was glued to that last night too and felt like punching him.  He is just a control freak and a jerk.  Oh and the burger scene was just awful where he is driving her home and stops to get burgers.  He gets 2 and tells her to hold his extra one.  Total jackass.  Do we get to see what happens next with her or does it go on to another person?  I mean, her story is just started - does she leave the jerk and build a positive life for her daughter?  Is she able to successfully keep the weight off long term?  So many questions....

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Cottagenanny
on 1/8/14 11:29 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 02/03/14

Look how much weight she could lose if she lost him.  He may love big women and that's fine for him, but there is still no need to be cruel - she is his wife and he should have more respect for her.  Lose the loser girl!!

Orientation March 13, 2013 / Social Worker June 11 / Nurse Practitioner July 10 / Nutrition class, Blood, ECG Aug. 20 / Surgeon Consult - Dr. Penner Sept. 20 / CT Scan Oct. 10 / Surgeon Consult - Dr. Urbach Oct. 18 / Psychologist Oct. 30 / Nutritionist Oct. 30 / Dr. Urbach Dec. 13 / PAATS Jan. 24 / Surgery February 3, 2014    

shoshanaApr2013
on 1/8/14 12:55 pm
What a petty and miserable person. I hope she dumps his ass and finds a real man that's worthy of her and her daughter. If anyone is in an abusive relationship like that please seek counselling. No one deserves to be treated like that.

Referral: Apr 2013; Orientation (HRRH): Aug 12, 2013; 1st Surgeon Appt (Dr Sohi): Aug 23, 2013; SW/RD/RN: Nov 8, 2013; Internist (Dr Glazer): Nov 14, 2013; 2nd Surgeon Appt: Nov 20, 2013; Start Opti: Jan 3, 2013; PATTS: Jan 16, 2014; Surgery: Jan 24, 2014

Hanneli xoxo
on 1/8/14 9:15 pm, edited 1/8/14 9:15 pm - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

Here is her facebook page.. doesn't look like she has lost all the extra weight... looks like she may still be with her husband, too :/ https://www.facebook.com/zsalynn

edited to add: looking at her photos she has lost quite a bit of weight, though! good for her.

Most Active
Recent Topics