Plast Surgeon Says I need to lose weight

Mary A.
on 1/9/14 10:56 pm, edited 1/9/14 11:05 pm

Okay without going into all the nitty gritty BORING details I am almost 5 years post-op

....and my regain has been 10lbs...yes 10lbs...and I am okay with that

I have never had grandiose dreams of weighing 155lbs...that just isn't me..so when I went for my 2nd consult for a panni (I had another consult in Southern Ontario 2 years ago) and after initially being denied by OHIP, I appealed and was then approved. 

Now before some of you are thinking (why in the world is she getting two consults for a panni)...the simple reason is two years ago we only had (1) plastic surgeon where I live and I didn't want him touching me...so I opted to go to Scarborough to see a plastic surgeon, whom I was very happy with

...since then my city has another plastic surgeon and I simply thought that IF I could have it done locally..it would save myself traveling to Southern Ontario and the bottom line I wouldn't have to apply for a Northern Ontario Travel grant

I was a bit taken aback by my plastic surgeon (here) telling me that I should lose more weight...I had a few choice words for him going on in my head...I mean what the heck is 10lbs~!!! (not that I can't do it..but I was pissed).

He was very thorough, but definatly pushed his belief that a pannilectomy isn't enough and how 62% of his patients aren't happy with the outcome.

Therefore his costs for a full tummy tuck with lipo iis $6,000.00.  While I have no doubts he probably does great work..he's almost $2,000.00 more than the surgeon in Southern Ontario who I initially had my consult with

I do have a question...does ANYONE know what the cost of a pannilectomy is by itself?

Reason I am asking...is that I may just postpone everything...even the fact that I have OHIP approval and self-pay for the entire procedure in a year or so

Any thoughts or comments are MUCH appreciated.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Hennagirliegirl
on 1/9/14 11:01 pm - Canada

Physicians billing prices as set by the government are open to the public, you can google it it and open the huge document and look it up for yourself.

I'd be curious to know if people on this board who have had a panni are happy with it? Just wondering because I think that when I get there that is all I want.

Good luck in your google searching.

I would suggest starting with Ontario doctors OHIP billing guide or something similiar

Terri

Test

Mary A.
on 1/9/14 11:04 pm

thanks so much...and Terri I will watch the repsonses as well because I am thinking that I may just go with the Panni removal as well...I have a friend who also had bariatric surgery and was very happy with only a panni removal..but then again she has good muscle tone and works out frequently.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Diminishing Dawn
on 1/9/14 11:28 pm - Windsor, Canada

I got panni approval.  I'm going to go for the tt.  Get rid of the skin above my belly button and tighten muscles.  

Its going to to cost me around $3500 

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Hennagirliegirl
on 1/10/14 3:37 am - Canada

3500 doesn't seem too bad, by who and where?

Tx

Terri

Test

Hanneli xoxo
on 1/10/14 12:31 am, edited 1/10/14 12:50 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

who was the PS in northern ontario? Sounds like Dr Barr.... the guy I am seeing paid the same amount with lipo as well. He paid $6k for a tummy tuck with Lipo..

merly6800
on 1/10/14 8:38 am - Canada

I was told by the surgeon in Cuba that I consulted to lose at least 20lbs more as well.  I was ok with my weight when I went thru with the Panni/TT/Breast Lift with Dr. Nan.

If you are happy with the weight you are at do it!

Friend me and you can see my photos!

Marilynn

Most Active
Recent Topics