Pork Dumplings

Emjaye
on 1/11/14 7:28 am - Canada

I am just coming to the end of soft food stage after RNY in November.  I haven't had any issues with introducing new foods, but I have also been pretty cautious.  Since I've been eating so much ground meats, I decided that I might try to make some pork dumplings:  ground pork, chinese cabbage, green onion, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil - and they are rolled into balls and dredged  - twice- in corn starch, then boiled/simmered in water/broth for a few minutes.  I'm just hesitating because I'm still worried about so much corn starch.  I thought they would be good, as a gluten free recipe.....but now I'm wondering if it will be a problem.

what do the experienced folks think?? 

Orientation Jan 2/13, Social Worker Feb 27, Nurse Practitioner Apr 29, Nutrition Class May 28, Dietician Jun 18, Psychologist Jul 9, Surgeon Aug 2, Opti starts Oct 14, Pre-Admission Oct 16,  Surgery: Nov 4/13

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/14 9:50 am

i know i would give it a try.  i have had wonton soup a few times and the wontons went down quite well.  that being said, i only had room for 2-3 wontons.  nothing happened to me.

everyone is different so you will only know if you try yourself.

thanks for the recipie, though!!  :D

Mary Gee
on 1/11/14 11:43 am

I'd skip the corn starch completely --- instead of boiling them or simmering them -- try steaming them in a vegetable steamer.  

Hope you post your results.- they sound delicious!

Still learning.  Currently in pre-op stage.

Most Active
Recent Topics