Opti dilemma!

Philippa
on 1/12/14 10:00 am - Brampton, Canada
RNY on 04/02/14

indecisionHi friends..well this is my situation. I start my Opti this Tuesday in preparation for RNY surgery February 4. I am a bit concerned about preparing my OPTi drinks at work...from what I've read on the forum it tastes a lot better with a lot of ice which is easy to do from home but I'm concern about preparing it at work. We have a kitchen but not the facilities I need to properly prepare it like I would at home. Not sure what to do..any thoughts.

Hennagirliegirl
on 1/12/14 10:16 am - Canada

If you have a magic bullet, consider taking it to work with you. I just shook my shakes with water when at work but they do seem to keep you feeling full longer when done with ice in the majoc bullet.

Terri

Test

jolemalamb
on 1/12/14 10:16 am - Sutton West, Canada

Keep cold water in the fridge. You can bring a shaker if you like, but all I did was add my Opti, my Crystal Light, and add cold water a little at a time until its mixed. Its too hard to fill your cup with water and then mix it. I used one of those plastic cups with a straw and a screw on lid.

highlandbear
on 1/12/14 10:25 am - Canada

I work out in the community and I use to put some water in a bottle and freeze it and in the morning add more water so by the time lunch time came I had real cold water. I use to carry a shaker around with me and I had no problems.  

daisies109
on 1/12/14 10:27 am
I added ho****er and a bit of peppermint or orange flavors to make hot chocolate. I really enjoyed this in the am..also the vanilla with a bit of decaf coffee granules and some sugar free French vanilla syrup with ho****er was a favorite as well.

Daisies

Philippa
on 1/12/14 1:43 pm - Brampton, Canada
RNY on 04/02/14

Great ideas..thank you all do much. As usual when I put a question out there, I always get great responses. I'll bring a container of crushed ice from home and leave it in the fridge at work, a shaker bottle will do the rest.

Thank you all

Sunny123
on 1/12/14 6:57 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

I am a Real Estate agent so I am everywhere all the time...I used a shaker cup at work but I also premade some and put them in a thermos....not as good as those made with the magic bullet but they weren't undrinkable either.

Good luck!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

lalalalaura13
on 1/12/14 9:58 pm - Toronto, Canada

I just started my Opti today (my surgery is Feb. 10) - I got a shaker bottle at GNC that has a whisk ball in it to help blend - and it did it perfectly within 20 seconds of shaking that thing.  I'm glad I got that shaker bottle (with the lid) because it does have an off-putting smell to it.  I added banana extract to mine which made it taste a little better.  And it tasted okay with really cold water. 

Good luck to you !

Philippa
on 1/12/14 10:31 pm - Brampton, Canada
RNY on 04/02/14

Ya!! Had a look at the blender bottle at GNC and will be picking up one today! So greatful!

thank you

C_Money
on 1/13/14 3:30 am

I bought a small blender for work and brought in a bag of ice, if you have a freezer to keep it cold.  it worked great.

Most Active
Recent Topics