TWH Hotel suggestion

Northernlightsmom
on 1/15/14 11:41 pm - Canada

Hi, I was just wondering for those that came to TWH from out of town.... Do you have any suggestions or advice for a hotel? I would like something really close for my hubby to walk to and somewhere clean of course. Any suggestions or experiences would be very welcomed (good or bad).

Thanks,

Tara

RNY Surgery February 10th, 2014

C_Money
on 1/16/14 1:27 am

I had my surgery at TWH on the 2nd.  My Wife & I stayed at the Super 8 on Spadina(China Town), it is in the China Town Centre.  We got the Hospital rate of $79.99/night, and then $10/day for underground parking if you don't go in & out with your car.  The rooms were clean, staff was friendly, only problem was the elevators kept getting maintenance every other day.  It is about a ten minute walk from the hospital down dundas street to Spadina. 

Northernlightsmom
on 1/16/14 2:09 am - Canada

Thanks, and hope you are recovering well.

Tara

josh_h2
on 1/16/14 1:38 am

I'd suggest asking at the hospital - they likely have rates for different hotels in the area based on the volume they send to a specific hotel.

The other option is your (or your husband's) employer's travel department.  They may have good corporate rates that can be used for personal use as well.

Orientation at HRH - Jan 13, 2014. 1st Meeting with Surgeon (Dr. Klein) & blood work - Jan 30th. Sleep study - Feb 5th. RN, Dietician & Social Worker exams - Feb 25th, Internist - April 9th.  Dr Klein -April 23rd,PATTs Sept 2nd, Surgery, Sept 16, 2014, Opti Starting Weight - 343LB (Aug 26th).  Surgery weight 315LB  CW 215 17-Aug-2015)

Northernlightsmom
on 1/16/14 2:09 am - Canada

Good idea, I will check into corporate offers....never thought about that.

Thanks, Tara

4-Jane
on 1/16/14 8:53 pm - Canada

I was at TWH during TIFF so things were booked up but we ended up at the Eaton Chelsea the cab fair was 12 dollars and my partner stayed by my side in the hospital .  After surgery the staff at the Chelsea were amazing very helpful, and they also gave a hospital rate I was told that there was a shuttle that went between Toronto eastern and TWH that we could take for free, but the cab was easy and reasonable as far as money went. Were are you from?

Respectfully Jane
Most Active
Recent Topics