NO MORE 3

hockeydad2013
on 1/23/14 9:29 pm - Canada

I woke up this am at was 299.5, i was so happy I had surgery at oct 11, 2013 and when I started optifast was 389. If you remember i had terrible itching etc no sleep. I went to family DR twice said it was eczema a couple creams nothing ( started getting itchy and some welts middle of Nov) then got so bad went to emergency room on DEc 28th or 29th waited 4 hours and was told looks like Eczema and to take Benadryl. Had my appointment with dermetologist on Jan 16 and was told I have scabies. Only got the marks on hands a week before her appointment. I was given a cream to put from neck down on total body and was it off next day repeat in week. Did my second last night. I was washing sheets and towels everynight in Sanitize cycle, vac******* everyday as they could be on rug or floors.And put some clothes in garbage bag and in garage for two weeks ( -35 in Ottawa) and had to wash all clothes in hot and dry on hot. I am 6'3" so some of my clothes shrunk but I had no choice. If you read the scabies forums this are nasty little parasites that have been around for hundreds and hundreds of years so they don't go quietly.

Now here is the hard part. Where did I get them? my kids live with me every other week. They have no signs, no one at my work, my friends etc have it. I was dating someone befroe surgery but we broke up in mid December, and she has nothing ( the say usually sexually transmitted in adults) so where did I get it and it take about 2 or 5 weeks to show and start itching. Only place I was at that time frame was Ottawa Civic Hospital for surgery and the only other thing I can think of is the barber. I go every two weeks as I like short hair. My dad thinks the barber using the straight edge on my neck . They live right under the skin and if he didnt' cloean or change the blade after a person who had it , it would still be on his razor.

Everything else is great, I stopped going to gym as the bumps where horrible on my arms and like wearing short sleeves and shorts. After the first treatment you shouldn't be contagious. But have some bad habits starting to eat some crackers before bed in front of tv. Started with this beasts as I didnt' want togo bed for two months as it was beyond bad for itching.

all you newbies , this surgery is a god sent and make the most of it, we all can do it and good luck. I am 46 and lost 100 lbs twice before but this time it will stay off

Patm
on 1/23/14 9:41 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

So glad to hear you have relief finally from the itch. Your previous posts sounded awful. Also congrats on the great weight loss. You are really acing this. Good luck

hockeydad2013
on 1/23/14 9:47 pm - Canada

THANKS it would be almost perfect without those monsters

sellarsgal
on 1/23/14 10:30 pm - Oshawa, Canada

Congrats on your amazing sucess so far! What an awful thing to go through (scabies) especially not knowing for so long and suffering just the same. At least now (hopefully) all that is behind you and you can enjoy your new life,!

HRRH -Orientation Nov  25, Dr. Sohi Jan 17, RN,SW,Dietician Feb 19, Dr Glazer Mar 5, Dr Sohi March 12. Surgery May 28th

mispysmom
on 1/23/14 10:18 pm - elliot lake, Canada
Buggers eh?? It is probly the razor..some old school barber shops r not as 'sanitary' as we would like to think...im.glad ur misery is over!!!! U r doing.great!!!

Amanda

hockeydad2013
on 1/23/14 10:27 pm - Canada

not over, if you read the post lots of people are still covered after months and years. you clean and clean and laundry and if two get missed or don't die then they lay eggs and boom here we go again and I had the cream, it is a pesticide that i am putting on my body twice. I have also done tea tree oil baths ( stings) and other homemade recipes. I you start getting little red dots on your hand, fingers toes or large welts google scabies and go to drug store and buy Kwella ( 5%) over the counter but $47 a dose

mispysmom
on 1/23/14 10:39 pm - elliot lake, Canada
I hope tht doesnt happen to u!!! Congrats on.beating the 3's!!! Such a great feeling :)

Amanda

Caroline K.
on 1/24/14 2:38 am

Congratulations on both the weight loss and finding out what the heck was making you itch. It sounded awful!

Hennagirliegirl
on 1/24/14 3:57 am - Canada

Congrats on your amazing success! 

terri

Test

Zizzler
on 1/24/14 6:26 am, edited 1/24/14 6:27 am

I had scabies when I was 6 years old and it was a nightmare, as you described,  I missed months of school and it was misery.  Like you say they have been around a long time and are very persistent. At least now you know what it is and can treat it.  I remember the Kwilada and taking Benadryl and all of that.  One thing I remember helping a fair bit was calamine lotion applied to the areas.  You may want to try it.  And do not touch your face if you can help it.  the face ones were the worst.  Best of luck to you and I hope they leave you alone soon.

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Most Active
Recent Topics