Shakes and Vitamins

franky13
on 2/2/14 9:49 pm

Im 6 months out, looking for a change....

Non - chewable viatmins?? what kind?? do you like?? have to cut in 1/2?

Always use premier shakes, looking for something different?? What do you use? Store to purchase?

Thanks for the help

Happy Monday!

Referred September 2012, HHRH Orientation December 2012, Meet with surgeon January 2013, Meet with and testing with Dr Glazer May 2013, PATTS July 4, 2013 - 325lbs, Surgery HRRH August 1st, 2013 - 299lbs, second surgery late August 2nd to drain fluid, Discharged August 5th - 294lbs, reached 1/2 way to goal at 16 wks, MOM of three kids, married for 13 years :)

LittleMiss2013
on 2/2/14 10:37 pm, edited 2/2/14 10:38 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

Last non chewable vitamins I bought were One-A-Day....all vitamins are kinda the same I find. I am trying to go back to chewables now because swallowing all those giant pills all day is driving me nuts, lol

Protein powder.....the best one I have tried and the only one I use now is the Unflavored one from the Bulk Barn - http://www.bulkbarn.ca/en-ca/product/health-food/whey-protei n-isolate-90.html?search=unflavored+protein+powder

It's about 30g protein per 1/4 cup, low cal, low carb, no sugar, and it costs $4.27 per 100g, which works out around the cost of your average protein powder BUT you can buy as much or as little as you want. I do 8oz milk, 1/4 protein powder, and whatever I want to flavor it...davinci syrup, berries, 1/2 a banana or a scoop of PB2 powdered peanut butter etc. Because it's unflavored you can also put it in soup etc but I'm not really a fan of protein powder in my "food".

They also have a chocolate one that is sweeter tasting. It's about 25g protein per 1/4 cup - http://www.bulkbarn.ca/en-ca/product/other/chocolate-whey-pr otein-isolate.html?search=Whey+protein  Good if you are feeliong like you need a "treat" you can have some chocolate, lol

Another great place to check out for low carb protein product is Low Carb Canada. They have an actual store you can go to, near Lawrence or you can order online and have it shipped - http://www.lowcarbcanada.ca/  It's where I get my davinci syrups etc.

Hope that helps =)

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Patm
on 2/2/14 11:11 pm, edited 2/2/14 11:12 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

The vitamins I use are cntrum. But I do not need iron so best to check with your centre. I get a lot of protein powers from iWin Direct. You can get them to send you csamples so you will know if you like them.

Anastasia_Marie
on 2/3/14 12:52 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 11/20/13

Multi-vitamin I take is a prescription prenatal vitamin called preg-vit. They are about the size a jelly bean and you take one in the morning and one at night. The morning one has the iron and other vitamins in it. The night one has calcium and folic acid in it. Also a great bonus is they are covered by my benefits

Referral December 3/12 ~ Orientation April 24/13 ~ Nurse Practitioner May 27/13 ~ Nutritionist May 31/13 ~ Social Worker June 3/13 ~ Sleep Study June 24/13 ~ Ultrasound June 27/13 ~ Sleep Study Results August 20/13 ~Nurse Prac. Appointment September 10/13 ~ Surgeon Appt. Dr. Glazier & Dr. Hagen October 16/13 ~ Pre-Surgical Class October 23/13 ~ PATTS November 7/13 ~ Surgery November 20/13

Curious.George
on 2/3/14 12:27 pm - Canada

To change up my Premier Protein Shake, I started adding a spoon of instant coffee.  First I would make the instant coffee, a rounded teaspoon with a quarter cup of water, then add my Premier Protein Shake to the mug and heat it up.  I added 1 sugar twin and voila, instant Moca drink.  Yummy!!

Referral Date: May 29, 2012;  TWH     Orientation: June 19,2012;     Nurse Practitioner Group Session and Social Worker Initial Assessment: September 25, 2012;     Nurse Practitioner One-on-One and Psych. Assessment: January 18, 2013;     Met with surgeon: March 8, 2013;     Pre-Op scheduled: June 20,2013;   Surgery scheduled: July 17, 2013!    Surgery Completed!

Mary A.
on 2/4/14 1:16 am

I am 5 years post-op and my protein is still ISOPro, low carb unflavoured and I buy it from GNC...I mix it with a small banana, 3 ice cubes and 2 tablespoons of orange juice..in the summer I change it up with SF syrups.

You asked for non chewable..I use Bariatric Chewable and they are actually pretty good and don't leave any taste in your mouth I use the mixed berry flavour.  It's all about getting something you like and using it regulary.  I have a difficulty when peole use over the counter vitamins...but that's just my opinion, so I won;t harp on it.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics