Is there such a thing as too much water?

Zavz
on 2/17/14 10:44 pm - Canada

I am just over 2 months post-op. At first i thought there was no way i could ever get in 2 liters a day, especially with the 30 min before and after rule. But now i am doing 2 litres no problem, but would like to not constantly be drinking. Is it sufficient to JUST have 2 litres or should i keep going with as much as i can drink in one day?

Hennagirliegirl
on 2/18/14 1:10 am - Canada

2litres is ample but you have to gauge it on your activity also, if you are working out, sweating a lot your intake would need to increase. There is such a thing as too much water....it's called water intoxication, .....google it, there's ton of info out there.

Test

NorthernStar
on 2/18/14 2:10 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

It is possible bu****er intoxication takes a LOT of sipping. 2 litres is about 64 oz, which is what is recommended so I'd say you're doing great. It is fine to drink more than that if you want. If you're well hydrated and feeling good with 2 litres, that should be fine. Remember you take in water with your food as well. I generally aim for 2-3 litres of water a day.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Most Active
Recent Topics