What's the hardest to lose???

Yoyo4life
on 2/17/14 6:23 am - Brampton, Canada
RNY on 01/08/14

I was just curious as to what is the hardest part of the body to lose as we lose weight I am almost 2 mths post op and noticing that everywhere is coming off slowly but the stomach looks like the most work that needs to be done...so if anyone has any advice it would be great!

Referral sent: Aug/30/2013 Orientation: September/24/2013 Nurse Appointment: September/30/2013 Social worker Appointment: October/7/2013 Psychologist Appointment:Oct/11/13 Dietician Appointment:Oct/21/13 Nutrition Class: Oct/29/2013 Surgeons Appointment: Nov/22/2013 PATTS: December/13/2013 Surgery date: January/08/2014

(deactivated member)
on 2/17/14 6:30 am

introduce cardio. You can't target a certain part of the body, it will let go once you lost all the "easy" fat from the other parts of your body. I can't do much cardio and in winter months I cant get out at all but once spring comes and I start walking and swimming everything actually starts to firm up quite evenly

hibbyangel
on 2/17/14 7:08 am - Canada
RNY on 07/17/13

for me it seems to be my calf that wont shrink!..also my bust hasn't moved much until this past month(lost an inch and a half this month whoo hoo). (7 months post op today)Overall running 5 days a week and boxing class once a week is making everything shrink fairly evenly :)

lexxiblue
on 2/17/14 9:13 am, edited 2/17/14 9:13 am
RNY on 01/11/12

the hardest part for me to lose is the part i see everyday in the mirror.. the new me! i still can't get my head around the new me! that's the hardest for me! the fats all gone everywhere but in my head! and i think that will take a long time.. for me! good luck to you!

Mary A.
on 2/18/14 10:53 pm

everyone is different and that also depends on how much muscle you have in your stomach area..if it's most flab/fat it may not shrink much....your body will do what it wants to do and all you have to do is follow the guidelines...and as long as you are losing...

If you are able, you may want to start some toning exercise and get yourself to a gym (if you haven't already), a professional trainer can help you make the most out of your weight loss and build up your stamina...

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics