fitbit force recall

hockeydad2013
on 2/24/14 11:36 am - Canada

A letter from the CEO FEBRUARY 20, 2014 TO THE FITBIT FORCE COMMUNITY, I co-founded Fitbit in 2007 to help people lead healthier, more active lives. We have been thrilled by your response to our products, and are committed to customer satisfaction. Late last year, we began selling Fitbit Force, our most advanced activity tracker. Recently, some Force users have reported skin irritation. While only 1.7% of Force users have reported any type of skin irritation, we care about every one of our customers. On behalf of the entire Fitbit team, I want to apologize to anyone affected. From the beginning, we have taken this matter very seriously. We hired independent labs and medical experts to conduct a thorough investigation. Here’s what we know: Independent test results have not found any issues with the battery or electrical systems. Test results show that users are likely experiencing allergic contact dermatitis. All Force materials are commonly used in consumer products. However, some users may be reacting to the nickel present in the surgical grade stainless steel used in the device. Other users are likely experiencing an allergic reaction to the materials used in the strap or the adhesives used to assemble the product. We have now learned enough to take further action. We have stopped selling Force and have decided to conduct a voluntary recall. We are offering a refund directly to consumers for full retail price. For additional information related to the recall, we have set up a dedicated page on our website and a call center at 888-656-6381. To our Force community, rest assured we’re working on our next-generation tracker and will announce news about it soon. Thank you for your continued loyalty and support. Sincerely, James Park CEO & Co-Founder

Nanato2
on 2/24/14 7:45 pm - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

thanks for this I have a force and have no issue's with it so far.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

hockeydad2013
on 2/24/14 8:53 pm - Canada

I have had mine two weeks and no problems so far 

Mandalious
on 2/24/14 10:08 pm - Canada
RNY on 12/03/13

Now it makes sense why I cant find one anywhere

Referral May 17 '13 / Orientation June 17 '13 / Meeting w Dr Hagen June 26 '13 / RN,RD,SW July 31 '13 / Dr.Glazer Sept 3 '13/ Sleep Study Sept 5 '13 /2nd app w Dr Hagen Sept 16 '13 / F/U w  Dr Glazer  Sept 23 '13 / PRATTS Nov 14 '13/ Surgery Dec 3rd '13

hockeydad2013
on 2/24/14 10:18 pm - Canada

I got mine 2 weeks ago on amazon with free 2 day shipping. No problems here

Most Active
Recent Topics