What are you eating/doing today? (Thursday)

Onward and
Downward

on 3/5/14 8:14 pm, edited 3/5/14 9:59 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Hi everyone, hope you're all doing well. I haven't started one of these threads in ages!

Yesterday I was a bit concerned that my carb count was too high, but I lost a couple of pounds in one day after finally getting on track and only eating what was in my planned food, at the set times.  It's interesting, because I did have the occasional snack or meal when I wasn't hungry yet, because the CBT psychologist told me to set windows for each meal and snack and then stick to them even if I'm not hungry, and to stop when I'm full. I did this yesterday, and it really worked, and even helped me to not snack last night, which is my difficult time.  I'm really thrilled and I hope I can keep it up. 

Going out for lunch today with a friend, and the menu isn't overly WLS-friendly.  I looked it up online this morning and am choosing what I think is probably the least harmful thing on the menu.  So I'm still eating a few more carbs than grams of protein, but I'm also still within my 1500 calorie limit, so I'm okay with that. Also, with my beef stew, I plugged the recipe in as I made it, with potatoes, carrots and other veggies, but I mostly pick the meat out to eat.  But I'm counting the carbs as is, even if what I actually eat is a bit lower than what I've counted.

16 MONTHS POST-RNY

B - 8:00 a.m. or so - Egg and cheese sandwich on a P28 bagel (yesterday I couldn't eat the whole bagel and stopped, but I'm counting it anyhow just in case)

S - 10:30 a.m. or so - 1/2 cup ricotta/vanilla/splenda mix with 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries

L - 12:30 p.m. or so - Smoked salmon wrap which comes with sour cream and hummus (I'm bringing a container and putting half of it away immediately for my afternoon snack - might not eat the whole tortilla wrap depending on how much filling is in it.  Filling first!)

S - 3:00-4:00 p.m. - Rest of wrap

D - 6:00-7:30 p.m. - 1 cup of leftover homemade beef stew

S - 9:00 p.m. or so - Glass of skim milk.  Tea later if I get cravings (did this last night and it worked!)

TOTALS: 120g protein, 54g fat, 127 carbs, 17g fiber, 1419 calories

Have a great day, all!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

birdiegirl
on 3/5/14 8:35 pm

RNY  4 Years 11 Months Post Op

Morning

Glad you got this started Michelle......didn't sleep last night so I am up late...for me that is.....also having computer issues....really internet issues.....and the repair wont happen until Saturday....so please begin this again if you don't see me posted by 7 for sure

Sounds like you are doing well with the CBT....good

Golf tournament today....not sure what dinner will be so I am guessing on the protein

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

L - soup - chicken noodle - small cup

1/2 cup of tuna salad

S - granola bar

D - salmon

asparagus

green salad

glass of wine

S - skinny cow fudgesicle

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,456,  Carbs - 108 grams,  Fat - 50 grams,  Protein - 107 grams

All water....vits

Have a great one   

Onward and
Downward

on 3/5/14 9:42 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Enjoy your golf tournament, Barb! Hope your computer issues get resolved soon. I'll bet you get lots of exercise in when you golf. I personally can't wait until this cold weather goes away so I can bike without freezing.  Haven't taken my bike out for the past two weeks due to the cold. I'm just being wimpy, though, I think, because I keep seeing other cyclists out even on the coldest days. Don't know how they do it.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Patm
on 3/5/14 8:38 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning. Glad the CBT is helping you keep on track. I went to the TWH meeting last night. Interesting discussion. Also got to meet Libra1. You may meet her at the next Eastenders meeting as she was interested in it. I had a bad eating day yesterday. Need to try some new strategies myself today. I think I am going to look into an on-line course. Something to keep me busy when I am at work.

b oatmeal, yogurt

s baby bel

l chili, apple

s pure protein bar

d salad with chicken

s popcorn

cal 1017, carb 111, prot 73

Onward and
Downward

on 3/5/14 9:45 pm, edited 3/5/14 9:45 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

That's a great idea, to take an online course.  Yes, the CBT is going well now that I'm actually really working it. But some days are better than others. And last week was kind of a write off because my mom was in town and threw my schedule off completely. Determined to stay on track this week.

That's great that you met Libra! Hope I get to meet her too. :)

libra1
on 3/5/14 8:40 pm, edited 3/5/14 8:42 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

VSG - Sept.17, 2013 - Dr. Jackson, SW - 285.5 lbs, CW – 210.2 lbs, Total Lost - 75.3 lbs

Really enjoyed meeting you Pat and I'm looking forward to touching base with you Lindsay at the next meeting.

Back on track today!!

B- Oatmeal with ground flax & cinnamon

Snack- Coffee with 2% milk

L- 1% cottage cheese and ketchup

S- 2 eggs scrambled with vegetables and cheese

Snack- Yogurt

Cal-619, Carbs-39, Fat-17, Protein-60 Sugar-12, Chol-16

libra1
on 3/5/14 8:53 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

Hi Michelle,

I'm very interested in CBT at TWH. Was there someone you emailed/called to get on the list? If you have a spare moment, could you PM me with any information. 

Thank you, I really appreciate it.

Onward and
Downward

on 3/5/14 9:52 pm, edited 3/5/14 9:52 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

No PM needed, I'm happy to share with all.  I requested it at my 1 year check up appointments. They told me there was a huge waiting list, but they called me 2 months after my first request in December and told me there was an unexpected opening. I understand from some others on OH that this is very unusual and that the waiting list can take months, so you can probably expect to wait a while. It might be because I've had some major family problems and work stress that were starting to throw me off that they got me in sooner, but everyone has problems so I don't know.  

So, if you have any appointments coming up, let them know you want CBT, and they'll put you on the list.

Sunny123
on 3/5/14 9:35 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

3 months +

Think I’ve hit the 3 month stall – also getting large amounts of hair all over the place. I know this is normal; I will ride it out and try not to whine about it too much. I weighed today because it’s my weigh in day. I won’t step on the scale until next THURSDAY! I know I am not finished – I have to get rid of this sleep apnea (hopefully) and I have too many nice clothes waiting for me in my closet!

Next Friday is my measurement day – the 14th of the month so that should help me if I am still in the stall.

3 month appointment today. We will see how that goes.

B- fried egg in pam with pc blue menu breakfast sandwich sausage

S- oikos greek cherry w/all max protein

Lunch –tvp chili

S- babybel light, turkey pepperette

Dinner –pork tenderloin, quinoa, baby carrots

FITNESS PAL Calories 955 Carbs 74 Fat 30 Protein 109

Have a great day friends!

Jo

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Onward and
Downward

on 3/5/14 9:57 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Ah, the hair loss, such a joy. Don't worry, for most people that ends after a few months, as you know. It is startling though, isn't it!

Good for you re: weighing. That's another thing TWH advises in their CBT proogram, is weighing once a week instead of every day or every other day as I often did. I think there are good arguments on both sides, but for now I'll do it their way.  

Looks like a delicious menu for today, by the way!

Most Active
Recent Topics