OHIP Coverage for Plastics

haleandhardy
on 3/10/14 12:26 am

Hi:

Does anyone know what the process is/documentation needed in order to have some of the plastic surgery covered. I know my GP is more then

happy to sign off on anything that I need so there's no problem from that end.

Thx for the help.

Needanewbeginning
on 3/10/14 12:50 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

I have just started my research into plastics. I would like my arms, thighs, panni, mons done. The only thing OHIP may cover if you meet the criteria is a panni. You need documented rashes, skin breakdown and it has to hang a certain amount over mons etc. everything else is self pay.  

There are a few here that have recently had plastics, I am sure they will jump in to give your their experience. Have you asked this in the plastics forum? You may get help there as well.

Annette 👍

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

CCs_mum
on 3/10/14 1:19 am

This might be a silly questions but ...where do we find the plastics forum ??

Have learned that I can't measure my journey only by what I've lost.  I've gained health and extra time on this earth ... that is most important

Leanne1
on 3/10/14 9:37 pm - Newmarket, Canada

There isn't really anything Canadian on that forum.. I went on there and some Canadians were on there but it's mostly Americans and they don't know anything about how things work here. 

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Leanne1
on 3/10/14 9:41 pm - Newmarket, Canada

I had my panni covered by OHIP and upgraded to the fleur de lis and breast lift. 

My panni had to hang 10cms minimum. 

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Diminishing Dawn
on 3/10/14 1:03 am - Windsor, Canada

Hi there,

I recently got Ohip approval for a panni.  OHIP may cover a panni and breast reduction (although some say that is harder to get now as they changed the requirements).

I began by researching who I wanted to see.  Then I went to my family doctor and got my doctor to put in a referral to that surgeon. 

Then I went to that surgeon (Dr. Matic in London) for a consult.  It was short and sweet and he said his office would put in the paperwork. Around 6-8 weeks later, I had approval.  I went back a few weeks ago and set a date for surgery.

I am upgrading out of pocket in order to get a full tummy tuck (fleur de lis).  I am very excited.  I will be getting it done in the Fall.  Message me anytime.

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Seyenna
on 3/10/14 2:05 am - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

I have a long way to go before I even think about this, but what is the cost to upgrade from a panni to a tummy tuck, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks so much.

Diminishing Dawn
on 3/10/14 3:14 am - Windsor, Canada

Well I am getting the whole shebang - muscle repair and fleur de lis.  It will be $4,000 out of pocket.

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Iamangelin
on 3/10/14 11:00 am, edited 3/10/14 11:01 am - Orillia, Canada

I'm sorry but what's a panni?

Leanne1
on 3/10/14 9:33 pm - Newmarket, Canada

Skin that hangs at the bottom of your belly (above your private area)

Most Active
Recent Topics