Just getting started.

shoshanaApr2013
on 4/2/14 4:34 pm
Hello and welcome!

In about a week or two your doctor should receive a fax confirming that the Registry has processed your registration. It's a good idea to give your doctor's office a call at that time to make sure they got it. If not, try back a week later. If they don't have it within 3 weeks something may have gone awry. I know of some people who have waited months only to discover that Registry didn't receive their info, and they had to start from scratch!

As mentioned, your doctor should receive a fax to confirm that the Registry has processed your registration.

Call or visit your doctor's office and ask to see the fax and 1) write down your Registry ID #, 2) confirm what Centre you've been assigned to (don't assume that it's the one closest to you... the Registry made an error with my application and if I hadn't checked the confirmation fax and followed up it wouldn't have been corrected), and 3) write down the phone number/address of the Centre (it should be on the fax but can also be found online).

Once you have your ID # call the Centre you've been assigned to and confirm with them that you're on their radar too. You can let them know that you're interested in cancellations if they come up. They might have a cancellation list or may tell you to call back once a month to check. Every Centre is different, so some don't back-fill cancelled spots, but it's worth a try.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask -- that's why we're here!!!

Referral: Apr 2013; Orientation (HRRH): Aug 12, 2013; 1st Surgeon Appt (Dr Sohi): Aug 23, 2013; SW/RD/RN: Nov 8, 2013; Internist (Dr Glazer): Nov 14, 2013; 2nd Surgeon Appt: Nov 20, 2013; Start Opti: Jan 3, 2013; PATTS: Jan 16, 2014; Surgery: Jan 24, 2014

David Symons
on 4/3/14 1:10 am - Peterborough, Canada

I called my doctor's office yesterday and confirmed my referral was faxed on March 17. I was told it takes 4 to 5 weeks before I get a referral to a hospital. I will definitely keep a close eye on the process.

Thanks, David

Jiliana2
on 4/2/14 9:56 pm - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

I just wanted to welcome you to the site! Glad you found us.

This is a wonderful group of very supportive people and we're here to help as you navigate your way through all of this. It's daunting at first, but my advice is to read, read, and read some more. There's so much information here to help you maximize your success but it takes awhile to soak it all in. As a point of note, the little magnifying glass at the top of the page is the SEARCH functionality. So if you're looking for something in particular, check out that feature.

Nice to have you with us David!

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

Most Active
Recent Topics