PATTS @ HRRH

jennie_jay
on 4/6/14 7:55 am, edited 4/6/14 7:56 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 05/02/14

Happy Sunday all! 

I'm going for PATTS at HRRH on Wednesday. Can anybody tell me what to expect? 

TIA

Jen

HW: 321lbs (Nov 2013) SW: 313.5lbs CW: 237lbs and counting.... 

RNY: May 2, 2014 - Dr. Sohi @ HRRH

otmama
on 4/6/14 8:24 am
RNY on 04/30/14

I had my PATTS in Ottawa on Friday.  I met with the pharmacy tech to list all of my meds, met with the nurse to go over previous surgeries & any reactions to anesthesia, had an ecg, had some blood work (because my last blood work was more than 3mnths ago) & met with the anesthesiologist.  It was really no big deal.  The nurse also went over what the day of surgery would look like, where I needed to go, etc.  They were all very nice & offered to answer any of my questions.  Good luck on Wednesday, I'm sure you'll do just fine

Orientation Session:  April 2013  Sleep Study:  July 1/13  Abdominal Ultrasound: July 16/13  Endoscopy: October 23/13  Pre-Surgical Class:  Dec 11/13  Surgeon:  Jan 6/14  PATTS:  April 4/14 Optifast: April 9/14  RNY Surgery: April 30/14

shoshanaApr2013
on 4/7/14 5:07 am
Here's what happened at my PATTS appointment at HRRH:

Prior to the appointment I was given a Questionnaire that had to be completed by my family doctor (it had to be done within 30 days of my surgery date), and a brown paper bag for my meds/vitamins.

I brought the following things with me to my appointment:
1) The completed family doctor Questionnaire
2) The paper bag with all my meds and vitamins (bring the original bottles if possible so the RN can record the exact information including vitamin brands etc)
3) My Health Card
4) My extended healthcare insurance card
5) The name and contact information for my Power of Attorney

First was Registration. They recorded my Power of Attorney and wanted to know if I had semi-private room coverage (so if you have extended healthcare check with them ahead of time to see if your plan covers it... keep in mind that having the coverage doesn't guarantee you'll get a semi-private room -- it all depends on availability at the time). I was given a "passport" which listed the people I needed to see.

Next was blood work, then an ECG, then a meeting with the RN for height, weight, and a detailed review of all my meds, vitamins and medical history. The RN also gave me info on what to bring to the hospital and what to expect on the day of surgery.

Next up was a quick meeting with the anaesthesiologist who checked my throat, asked if I had any loose teeth or dental inserts etc, advised of the possibility of chipping teeth with intubating, and determining what additional meds I might need such as a gravol ****tail (I've been put under before and woke up barfing, so I specifically asked that a note be put on my file about it). Finally a quick chest x-ray and I was done!

I was told the appointment would be 3 hrs but it ended up being 4.5 hrs. It all depends on how busy they are that day.

Referral: Apr 2013; Orientation (HRRH): Aug 12, 2013; 1st Surgeon Appt (Dr Sohi): Aug 23, 2013; SW/RD/RN: Nov 8, 2013; Internist (Dr Glazer): Nov 14, 2013; 2nd Surgeon Appt: Nov 20, 2013; Start Opti: Jan 3, 2013; PATTS: Jan 16, 2014; Surgery: Jan 24, 2014

Most Active
Recent Topics